LVM 21 Club Message Board

Full Version: Download of a "Sports Photo Proof"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I tied to download a couple of images from the "Alamo Run". The proofs were shot and posted by Sports Photo. The old right clink "save image as" didn't work. Headscratch Any tips??

James
CPAK Wrote:

I tied to download a couple of images from the "Alamo Run". The proofs were shot and posted by Sports Photo. The old right clink "save image as" didn't work. :headscratch:   Any tips??

James

It's possible the site has that feature locked out due to copyright concerns.  
HSalas Wrote:

CPAK Wrote:

I tied to download a couple of images from the "Alamo Run". The proofs were shot and posted by Sports Photo. The old right clink "save image as" didn't work. :headscratch: Any tips??

James

It's possible the site has that feature locked out due to copyright concerns.

Hill,

I was thinking the same thing, but I have seen avatars with "proof" running across the image. Just thought I would ask.

James
I've had success dragging the photo into a Word document, but it doesn't work on all photo sites.

For my last race I took a novel approach: I paid for the photos.
Daniel M Wrote:

I've had success dragging the photo into a Word document, but it doesn't work on all photo sites.

For my last race I took a novel approach: I paid for the photos.

I agree Daniel, but why can't these photo sites sell just the image. I would pay up to $15 for the right one. But over $25 for a print - that I will have to scan into my system!!

Just my .02 cents.

James
I paid around $50 for the digital images of all 9 of my RVM pictures. It's only the second time in 8 marathons that I shelled out. I guess the companies know how to price them to maximize their net profit. I would prefer to have $10 added on in advance and that would include the pictures. It would be interesting to know what % of participants actually buy the photos.
1. While the picture is being displayed, press the "PrntScrn" button. This places a copy of your screen into the Clipboard.

2. Open up a graphics editor. I use Paint, which comes with Windows.

3. Paste. If you use Paint, click the Edit menu and select Paste. Or just press Ctrl-V.

4. Crop out the stuff you don't want, resize, etc, and save.
What DonaldAZ said!
Got it don't ask me how. I'm still learning :D

James
Nice! You look like your flying!

How did you get the picture? :P
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's