LVM 21 Club Message Board
Canadian Friendship Run - Printable Version

+- LVM 21 Club Message Board (http://lvm.createmybb.com)
+-- Forum: Main (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Thread: Canadian Friendship Run (/showthread.php?tid=2651)

Canadian Friendship Run - Donaldaz - 03-22-2008 05:38 AM

Details for the Canadian Friendship Run.  Held annually, on the saturday before the LVM, in front of the "Lion" MGM statue.

Attendees

CanadianBeanCounter
CPAK
Daniel M
DonaldAz?
Hammergirl
LR_Canuck
Lvrunner?
MarathonCat
PGOG
RunnerChickie
RunnerJen
RunnerJon + 30 friends from Edmonton
SeeChicletRun?
Washgirl?

RE: Canadian Friendship Run - CPAK - 09-18-2008 05:26 AM

Anyone have any information on this for 2008?

Thanks

CPAK

RE: Canadian Friendship Run - Daniel M - 09-18-2008 05:37 AM

Traditionally it has been at 9:00. It includes people that have nothing to do with this board. The run has its roots in the old LVM and there are similar runs at other international marathons. The Running Room chain has clinics throughout Canada that culminate in the running of the NLVM and they publicize the friendship run. Even with that amount of history and momentum we were able to hijack the event last year and move it to 10:00 so that some of our V.I.P. members could be there.

I suspect that there will be people gathering for 9:00 and if so it will be all wrapped up about an hour later.

RE:  Canadian Friendship Run - CPAK - 09-18-2008 05:54 AM

Daniel M Wrote:

Traditionally it has been at 9:00. It includes people that have nothing to do with this board. The run has its roots in the old LVM and there are similar runs at other international marathons. The Running Room chain has clinics throughout Canada that culminate in the running of the NLVM and they publicize the friendship run. Even with that amount of history and momentum we were able to hijack the event last year and move it to 10:00 so that some of our V.I.P. members could be there.

I suspect that there will be people gathering for 9:00 and if so it will be all wrapped up about an hour later.

What, so no VIP members this year...:) I guess non Canadians are welcomed?

CPAK

PS Who from LVM21 will be there?

RE:   Canadian Friendship Run - CanadianBeancounter - 09-18-2008 06:15 AM

CPAK Wrote:

What, so no VIP members this year...:)   I guess non Canadians are welcomed?

CPAK

Only Honourary Canadians James.... so you better start buttering us up now :)
RE: Canadian Friendship Run - Daniel M - 09-18-2008 06:24 AM

Western Canadians are generally more laid - back than central Canadians. I'm sure I can get you in James. Just fill out the application form in both official languages (English and Frenglish) and please don't bring your guns.

RE:  Canadian Friendship Run - CPAK - 09-18-2008 06:32 AM

Daniel M Wrote:

Western Canadians are generally more laid - back than central Canadians. I'm sure I can get you in James. Just fill out the application form in both official languages (English and Frenglish) and please don't bring your guns.

DM,

Now hold on - "Frenglish" you got me on this one.... :) No guns.. OK, I'll just bring my mace and pepper spray... :)

CPAK

RE:    Canadian Friendship Run - CPAK - 09-18-2008 06:33 AM

CanadianBeancounter Wrote:

CPAK Wrote:

What, so no VIP members this year...:) I guess non Canadians are welcomed?

CPAK

CBC,

I been buttering you up since we first meet back in 06, and you know it.... :)

CPAK

PS I'm sure The Hammer will vouch for me if you won't....:xfingers: Although, you never know... :)

RE: Canadian Friendship Run - RunnerAngie - 09-18-2008 06:39 AM

James, I can always give you a special dispensation as well. So whoever feels like being a Canadian that day can come :)

RE:     Canadian Friendship Run - CanadianBeancounter - 09-19-2008 11:36 PM

CPAK Wrote:

CBC,

I been buttering you up since we first meet back in 06, and you know it.... :)
CPAK
PS I'm sure The Hammer will vouch for me if you won't....:xfingers: Although, you never know... :)

Yeah, I know it. Me & the Hammer like the attn so we keep looking for reasons to ask for more :)
RE: Canadian Friendship Run - Prince George old guy - 09-22-2008 07:47 AM

OK with me but be forewarned that you might be encouraged to adorn some form of Canadian symbolism for the short run to the welcome to Las Vegas sign for photo opps. I will start searching for a suitable momento right away.

RE:    Canadian Friendship Run - Washgirl - 09-22-2008 08:16 AM

CPAK Wrote:

CPAK

Isn't it fairly simple to become and Honourary Canadian? Buy one of yall a beer or two? LOL
RE:     Canadian Friendship Run - LR_Canuck - 09-22-2008 01:28 PM

Washgirl Wrote:

CPAK Wrote:

CPAK

Isn't it fairly simple to become and Honourary Canadian?  Buy one of yall a beer or two?  LOL

Whitney, you're catching on very quickly :woot:

However, their is a second requirement - you have to join in on the singing of "O Canada" in Frenglish. We do the singing right before the run.

RE: Canadian Friendship Run - RunnerJon - 09-23-2008 12:36 PM

Hi guys RunnerJon here, I finally found you again. :thumbup:  

So this year I'm bringing down about 30 runners from Edmonton, and yes most of us are going to be at the Canadian fun run (this will be our 8th year in a row) so Saturday's run is a not to miss.  By the way I can get in touch with the Runningroom and ask them to set up a point of contact email for the time and place.

I'm guessing the usual place (MGM Grand lion) but what about the time?  Somesay 9:00 am some say 10:00.  I vote we split the difference and set it up for 9:30.

Jon

P.S. thanks LVM 21 for the chips at the Disneyland Half last month.

RE:     Canadian Friendship Run - CanadianBeancounter - 09-23-2008 11:14 PM

Washgirl Wrote:

Isn't it fairly simple to become and Honourary Canadian?  Buy one of yall a beer or two?  LOL

It has to be REAL beer though, not that watery stuff that you folks call beer!!!
RE: Canadian Friendship Run - MarathonCat - 09-29-2008 11:53 PM

Regarding the time - Is the Running Room promoting a certain time?
I am okay with any time.

RE:  Canadian Friendship Run - RunnerJon - 09-30-2008 11:02 AM

MarathonCat Wrote:

I am okay with any time.

Hi guys I didn't mean to imply that this is a Running Room thing.  It's just that I know a few people at the RR head office who can get the message out to their run club members, the more the merrier I think.

This will be our show and we can pick the time.  So I suggest we go with 9:30 am on Saturday at the usual place the MGM Lion and we run to the Welcome to Las Vegas sign just like last year.

RE:      Canadian Friendship Run - Washgirl - 09-30-2008 11:04 AM

Washgirl Wrote:

It has to be REAL beer though, not that watery stuff that you folks call beer!!!

You mean you do not want MGD64? LOL
RE: Canadian Friendship Run - SeeChicletRun - 09-30-2008 11:44 AM

9:30am Saturday Dec 6? Im going to try to be there!

RE:       Canadian Friendship Run - LR_Canuck - 09-30-2008 11:58 AM

Washgirl Wrote:

Washgirl Wrote:

You mean you do not want MGD64?  LOL

Sorry Whitney, but we Canadians take our "Carbo-loading" seriously :banana:
RE:   Canadian Friendship Run - LR_Canuck - 09-30-2008 12:00 PM

RunnerJon Wrote:

MarathonCat Wrote:

I am okay with any time.

Hi guys I didn't mean to imply that this is a Running Room thing.  It's just that I know a few people at the RR head office who can get the message out to their run club members, the more the merrier I think.

This will be our show and we can pick the time.  So I suggest we go with 9:30 am on Saturday at the usual place the MGM Lion and we run to the Welcome to Las Vegas sign just like last year.

Welcome back, Jon! A 9:30 start sounds like a good plan. Lets work with that.
RE: Canadian Friendship Run - MarathonCat - 09-30-2008 11:42 PM

Looking forward to seeing you all at 9:30.

Has anyone heard from PinkChick lately?

RE:  Canadian Friendship Run - RunnerJon - 10-01-2008 12:55 AM

Daniel M Wrote:

9:30 it is.

Jon can you see about getting the escaltors fixed for this year? Last year several of them were not working. Some of us resented having to run up the stairs.

I'll see what I can do.  

By that I mean if they're working its all because of me.

However and if not then I did it because you need some lactic threshold training and it's good for you.
RE: Canadian Friendship Run - CanadianBeancounter - 10-01-2008 06:35 AM

Whatever happened to Runner Chickie? Wasn't she from Edmonton or Calgary?

RE:   Canadian Friendship Run - Daniel M - 10-01-2008 06:57 AM

RunnerJon Wrote:

Daniel M Wrote:

9:30 it is.

Jon can you see about getting the escaltors fixed for this year? Last year several of them were not working. Some of us resented having to run up the stairs.

I'll see what I can do.  

By that I mean if they're working its all because of me.

However and if not then I did it because you need some lactic threshold training and it's good for you.

If they are working I will name one after you.

Your friendship run is usually too fast and too long for me, so I need all of the mechanical assistance I can get. Jack Daniels says that I don't need any lactic threshold training that close to a race. (I mean the bourbon guy, not the running coach).
RE:   Canadian Friendship Run - RunnerJon - 10-01-2008 10:01 AM

Daniel M Wrote:

She and RunnerJen, the teachers from Edmonton... they were there last year but neither has been wasting I mean spending time on the board.

Whatever happened to Runner Chickie?  Wasn't she from Edmonton or Calgary?

Both RunnerChickie and RunnerJen are coming down this year, along with a few more teachers and librarians.  

Watch out those, library science types are wild! Seriously.

RE:    Canadian Friendship Run - RunnerJon - 10-01-2008 10:03 AM

Daniel M Wrote:

Your friendship run is usually too fast and too long for me, so I need all of the mechanical assistance I can get. Jack Daniels says that I don't need any lactic threshold training that close to a race. (I mean the bourbon guy, not the running coach).

I'm all for taking it easy this year, and if you choose to bring Dr. Daniels along with you he's most welcome. Especially with a coke.
RE: Canadian Friendship Run - lvrunner - 10-03-2008 01:21 AM

I will try to make it this year again. Since I am off to Honolulu on the 10th, I probably will have to work that weekend again to make up my vacation time. I'll see what I can do.

- David

RE:  Canadian Friendship Run - RunnerChickie - 10-03-2008 02:14 AM

I'm back. I got the message. I'll spend time here instead of teaching my wonderful (hm hm) grade 9 students. They can learn alone. It's ok. ;)
RE: Canadian Friendship Run - LR_Canuck - 10-03-2008 09:11 AM

Welcome back Tess. Good to see you around!

RE:   Canadian Friendship Run - Washgirl - 10-03-2008 09:18 AM

RunnerChickie Wrote:

I'm back. I got the message. I'll spend time here instead of teaching my wonderful (hm hm) grade 9 students. They can learn alone. It's ok. ;)

See there you have a win win plan! Besides don't they know everything by 9th grade? I know when my kids hit around there I got real stupid real fast :scared:
RE:    Canadian Friendship Run - RunnerChickie - 10-03-2008 10:02 AM

Washgirl Wrote:

See there you have a win win plan!  Besides don't they know everything by 9th grade?  I know when my kids hit around there I got real stupid real fast :scared:

They think they know everything but judging by the quality of the assignment that came in today, I beg to differ :)

Actually they are great kids... when it's not a full moon.
RE: Canadian Friendship Run - RunnerJen - 10-04-2008 11:44 PM

I heard that someone was asking about me, so here I am!

Indeed, the teacher's life is a busy one, especially combined with the runner's life.

I'll be there for the Canadian friendship run!

Jen:D

RE: Canadian Friendship Run - lvrunner - 10-05-2008 12:14 PM

Difference between Canadian and American:

Canadian ~ Grade 9
American ~ 9th Grade

Hi RunnerChickie and RunnerJen ~

Welciome back!

- David

RE: Canadian Friendship Run - Prince George old guy - 10-11-2008 01:05 PM

Gonna have us some real good fun. Hope many temporary Canadians show up this year. I got some fun stuff for them to wear or carry. Nice to see the Edmonton folks show up again. Guess this means there will be an after party this year.

RE: Canadian Friendship Run - Donaldaz - 10-11-2008 02:23 PM

Hm, maybe I should try to attend this year.  In 2006 I had to go to the Elvis photo shoot at Hard Rock, instead.  Last year too hung over from the HHH Red Dress Run.  No excuses this year!

Oh wait.  There's the "backup" Red Dress Run I need to plan since HHH bailed on us this year.  That's two backup runs in the works!  I'll try to make it anyways.

I've updated the first post on this thread with a "who's attending" list. Let me know if you want your name added or, sadly, removed.

RE: Canadian Friendship Run - CPAK - 10-16-2008 12:47 AM

Although, I'm not as smart or as handsome as our RamRod, I'll be there subbing for him. When I'm running with CBC, Hammer, and the other Canadians Jeff, all of us will be thinking about you - wishing you were here.

Be cool dude

CPAK

RE: Canadian Friendship Run - RunnerChickie - 10-16-2008 05:24 AM

I know we getted ribbed about it every year, but anyone is welcome to join us, Canadian or Canadian-in-Spirit.

RE: Canadian Friendship Run - hammergirl - 10-23-2008 02:48 AM

Yepper I'll be there ... I'm glad it's at 9:30 ... why get up early when you don't have too ... that's my motto! :banana:

RE:  Canadian Friendship Run - CanadianBeancounter - 10-23-2008 05:22 AM

hammergirl Wrote:

Yepper I'll be there ... I'm glad it's at 9:30 ... why get up early when you don't have too ... that's my motto! :banana:

And it will feel like 12:30 to us woo-hoo!
RE: Canadian Friendship Run - RunnerJon - 10-23-2008 05:33 AM

Okay so who's going to lead us in the singing of O Canada this year.  Not me.

RE:  Canadian Friendship Run - Donaldaz - 10-23-2008 05:48 AM

RunnerJon Wrote:

Okay so who's going to lead us in the sinign of O Canada this year.  Not me.

I don't know how to "sinign".

What's the course details? How far, where does it go, pace, temp, are there any water stops, cheering zones, will there be fireworks at the start, do we have to say "eh" a lot, etc.

RE:   Canadian Friendship Run - CPAK - 10-23-2008 05:48 AM

hammergirl Wrote:

And it will feel like 12:30 to us woo-hoo!

CBC,

I wouldn't be woo hooing too loud. You may be pretty beat after the late night Friday party @ TK's bar...... :)

CPAK
RE:   Canadian Friendship Run - RunnerJon - 10-23-2008 06:35 AM

Donaldaz Wrote:

I don't know how to "sinign".

Fixed it.
RE:   Canadian Friendship Run - RunnerJon - 10-23-2008 06:45 AM

Donaldaz Wrote:

What's the course details?  How far, where does it go, pace, temp, are there any water stops, cheering zones, will there be fireworks at the start, do we have to say "eh" a lot, etc.

I think we’ll have the same as last year.

3 minutes of caterwauling (for the amusement of all the college age power drinkers with no shoes).  Followed by a few Camera flashes and then off to the Welcome sign.

Post race activities will include:
Leg wrestling.
Pemmican eating contest.
INSERT CANADIAN STEREOTYPE HERE
And, the always popular, bannock bake sale.  Don’t forget your jam!

Plenty of dog sled parking out back.

RE: Canadian Friendship Run - Some call me...Bill - 10-23-2008 07:45 AM

I'll be there. I think I even have my Canadian hat from last year that PGOG gave me. I also know the first two words to "O Canada", so I can help there, too.

RE:   Canadian Friendship Run - CanadianBeancounter - 10-23-2008 08:11 AM

Donaldaz Wrote:

What's the course details?  How far, where does it go, pace, temp, are there any water stops, cheering zones, will there be fireworks at the start, do we have to say "eh" a lot, etc.

I think it's usually 3k-5k max... although we'll all have reset our Garmins to miles by then so who knows how far we'll end up going :)
RE:    Canadian Friendship Run - Donaldaz - 10-23-2008 08:32 AM

although we'll all have reset our Garmins to miles by then

I think they do this at Customs when you get off the plane.

RE: Canadian Friendship Run - Park City Runner - 10-23-2008 09:10 AM

Don,

Looks like we'll be Canadian for a day. Look for Park City Runner, Jack, and Kathy to Participate! I'll have to look for some Red and White that matches gold and black?

RE: Canadian Friendship Run - Some call me...Bill - 10-23-2008 02:16 PM

Okay, I googled the lyrics.  Is this the version, or do I need to practice the French one?

O Canada!
Our home and native land!
True patriot love in all thy sons command.

With glowing hearts we see thee rise,
The True North strong and free!

From far and wide,
O Canada, we stand on guard for thee.

God keep our land glorious and free!

RE: Canadian Friendship Run - RunnerChickie - 10-24-2008 01:26 AM

Bill- Most of us will sing that one because most of us would butcher the French lyrics. There is a version that's half and half- Jen is going to bring copies down for us.

Just a note- the French lyrics don't translate to the same as the English lyrics.

And one more piece of Canadian history for you- yesterday was the 44th anniversary of the adoption of the maple leaf as our official flag.

RE: Canadian Friendship Run - Prince George old guy - 11-07-2008 02:46 AM

Sounds like we are gonna have a fun morning. I am not gonna leg wrestle with you again this Jon. Lour legs are just too long. I am hoping to bring a few more Canuks this year too. Better get to the dollar store for more fun Canadfian items.
e usually just have a very relaxed run to the Welcome to Las Vegas sign then take a short stroll to where the marathon finish line will be so those new to the event can see it. Nothing official. just having some fun.

RE:  Canadian Friendship Run - RunnerJen - 11-07-2008 04:32 PM

RunnerChickie Wrote:

Bill- Most of us will sing that one because most of us would butcher the French lyrics. There is a version that's half and half- Jen is going to bring copies down for us.

Just a note- the French lyrics don't translate to the same as the English lyrics.

And one more piece of Canadian history for you- yesterday was the 44th anniversary of the adoption of the maple leaf as our official flag.

Here are the French lyrics:

Français:

Ô Canada!
Terre de nos aïeux,
Ton front est ceint de fleurons glorieux!
Car ton bras sait porter l'épée,
Il sait porter la croix!
Ton histoire est une épopée
Des plus brillants exploits.
Et ta valeur, de foi trempée,
Protégera nos foyers et nos droits,
Protégera nos foyers et nos droits.

Here's the blended English/French version that we hear at hockey games:

O Canada! Our home and native land!
Il sait porter la croix!

This is a Youtube video with someone singing it that way as well:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DXZhuZwy8I&feature=related

And I can't resist...here's a video of the crowd at an Edmonton Oilers' game singing the anthem, with so much heart and soul, you can tell it was during the Stanley Cup run from 2 years ago.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=meLpuF9UMvk&feature=related
I suspect it would be difficult to find a crowd of 15000+ people in other nearby nations that could sing their anthem that loud and proud.  Go Edmonton (and Go Oilers)!
RE: Canadian Friendship Run - hammergirl - 11-07-2008 10:39 PM

So speaking of Canadian sports and the friendship run ... at the last home game of my beloved (but beleagured) Ticats, an older couple that sit behind us and I were chatting and I mentioned Vegas. They were also there recently and asked if I was going down for the marathon.

It turns out that their daughter is also going to Vegas for her first 1/2 marathon with a friend. They gave me their names and suggested I call when we get to the hotel. So I'm going to.

As an interesting tid-bit ... the friend of the couple's daughter is none other than ... Ron McLean's wife! :banana:

RE:  Canadian Friendship Run - LR_Canuck - 11-07-2008 11:27 PM

hammergirl Wrote:

So speaking of Canadian sports and the friendship run ... at the last home game of my beloved (but beleagured) Ticats, an older couple that sit behind us and I were chatting and I mentioned Vegas.  They were also there recently and asked if I was going down for the marathon.

It turns out that their daughter is also going to Vegas for her first 1/2 marathon with a friend.  They gave me their names and suggested I call when we get to the hotel.  So I'm going to.  

As an interesting tid-bit ... the friend of the couple's daughter is none other than ... Ron McLean's wife!  :banana:

It's a small world, eh?
RE: Canadian Friendship Run - CPAK - 11-08-2008 01:30 AM

Sounds like a fun run to me!! Canadian for the day - who knows maybe longer!!!

CPAK

RE:  Canadian Friendship Run - hammergirl - 11-08-2008 04:48 AM

CPAK Wrote:

Sounds like a fun run to me!! Canadian for the day - who knows maybe longer!!!

CPAK

James ... something you're not telling us???

IMHO Canada is an AWESOME (if somewhat chilly) country!
RE:  Canadian Friendship Run - Kamloops Kid - 11-08-2008 05:50 AM

Yikes Bryan, the next time you head up north, take a keyboard to practice your typing. Wholey Doodle!!!

c.

Prince George old guy Wrote:

Sounds like we are gonna have a fun morning. I am not gonna leg wrestle with you again this Jon. Lour legs are just too long. I am hoping to bring a few more Canuks this year too. Better get to the dollar store for more fun Canadfian items.
e usually just have a very relaxed run to the Welcome to Las Vegas sign then take a short stroll to where the marathon finish line will be so those new to the event can see it. Nothing official. just having some fun.

RE: Canadian Friendship Run - Daniel M - 11-08-2008 05:53 AM

I just got back from the Remembrance Day ceremony at my son's ecole/school. The choir did O Canada in English and French, and during the English version there was a companion song going on called "My Canada". Hopefully our Edmonton teachers can bring the arrangements for that. I'm counting on Jon to bring the piano.

RE:  Canadian Friendship Run - RunnerJon - 11-08-2008 10:41 AM

Daniel M Wrote:

I just got back from the Remembrance Day ceremony at my son's ecole/school. The choir did O Canada in English and French, and during the English version there was a companion song going on called "My Canada". Hopefully our Edmonton teachers can bring the arrangements for that. I'm counting on Jon to bring the piano.

Not the piano but I can get my hands on a pianist.

Ba dum dum!
RE:   Canadian Friendship Run - Kamloops Kid - 11-08-2008 10:46 AM

Uuugh.........

RunnerJon Wrote:

Daniel M Wrote:

Not the piano but I can get my hands on a pianist.

Ba dum dum!

RE: Canadian Friendship Run - RunnerChickie - 11-08-2008 12:28 PM

Groan!!

I'll look for it, shouldn't be too hard to find if a school had it. I'm definitely running away from you all if an "instrumental" version takes place :)

RE:   Canadian Friendship Run - LR_Canuck - 11-08-2008 03:44 PM

RunnerJen Wrote:

RunnerChickie Wrote:

Here are the French lyrics:

Français:

Ô Canada!
Terre de nos aïeux,
Ton front est ceint de fleurons glorieux!
Il sait porter la croix!
Et ta valeur, de foi trempée,
Protégera nos foyers et nos droits,
Protégera nos foyers et nos droits.

Here's the blended English/French version that we hear at hockey games:

O Canada! Our home and native land!
Il sait porter la croix!

This is a Youtube video with someone singing it that way as well:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DXZhuZwy8I&feature=related

And I can't resist...here's a video of the crowd at an Edmonton Oilers' game singing the anthem, with so much heart and soul, you can tell it was during the Stanley Cup run from 2 years ago.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=meLpuF9UMvk&feature=related
I suspect it would be difficult to find a crowd of 15000+ people in other nearby nations that could sing their anthem that loud and proud.  Go Edmonton (and Go Oilers)!

Excellent links, Jen!

I'm going to add one more - the version by Roger Doucet. He was the guy that used to sing the anthem for the Montreal hockey games, back when I was a kid.
The video is a bit old (taken from the 1976 Canada Cup series)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VA734I6l9b0
RE: Canadian Friendship Run - RunnerJen - 11-09-2008 12:07 AM

What a group of optimists, all caught up in a wave of patriotic pride...but, do you really think people will sing 3 songs?

The teacher in me thinks the attention span of the group will only last for O Canada in English and some photos, then the urge to run to the Vegas sign is sure to kick in!

But, feel free to prove me wrong!

RE: Canadian Friendship Run - Prince George old guy - 11-12-2008 03:14 AM

Hey Runner jon, nice medals. I have 4 of them but you have the new ones, way cool.

RE:  Canadian Friendship Run - RunnerJon - 11-13-2008 09:01 AM

Prince George old guy Wrote:

Hey Runner jon, nice medals. I have 4 of them but you have the new ones, way cool.

Thanks PGOG, this year was all about Disney. Next year is the 'Rock n Roll' heavy medal series.

There I said it now I have to do it.
RE: Canadian Friendship Run - Braz - 11-13-2008 12:37 PM

God bless Canada!

For Rammo's Sake.

B

RE: Canadian Friendship Run - Daniel M - 11-24-2008 07:06 PM

If anyone needs something to wear to the event, check out Zeller's and possibly the Bay too. (HBC is the clothing supplier to the Canadian Olympic team). They are blowing out the Beijing styles by about 50% and on top of that all Olympic wear was a further 40% off. I got one of those Liberace inspired, Don Cherry-approved jackets like our team wore in the 2008 games. It was originally $65 on for $19.50.

RE: Canadian Friendship Run - Prince George old guy - 12-05-2008 05:44 AM

Big thanks to runner Jon, I just walked to the giant lion and all the escalators were working. I don't know how you did it big guy. Hope they keep working intil Sat morn.

RE: Canadian Friendship Run - Donaldaz - 12-09-2008 11:06 AM

Friendship run successfully crashed. He He He.

Ok all you camera toting Canadians - I need some of those group photo's. Where are they!

RE:  Canadian Friendship Run - CanadianBeancounter - 12-09-2008 04:12 PM

Donaldaz Wrote:

Friendship run successfully crashed. He He He.

Ok all you camera toting Canadians - I need some of those group photo's.  Where are they!

Mine will be coming tomorrow~ I have been too busy for the last two hours here, watching new posts and pictures coming up!!!

Thanks again Don, for "crashing" our party!

And for providing bananas and bagels for Team Hammer/CBC!!! Yah, I looked like a bag lady as we returned to our Mandalay Bay room via the Four Seasons. Apparently most people that walk through the lobby of the Four Seasons, don't bring in their own food. They were on us the moment we walked in, and watched us like hawks until we exited their fine establishment... ahhh, but I get ahead of myself. More tomorrow :)
RE: Canadian Friendship Run - Prince George old guy - 12-25-2008 07:32 PM

Best Canadian fun run crash ever Don. You da man