LVM 21 Club Message Board
NLVM '07 Whose Staying Where List - Printable Version

+- LVM 21 Club Message Board (http://lvm.createmybb.com)
+-- Forum: Main (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Thread: NLVM '07 Whose Staying Where List (/showthread.php?tid=639)

NLVM '07 Whose Staying Where List - Donaldaz - 04-18-2007 10:20 AM

Along the same lines as the "Upcoming Races" thread, I thought it might be good to post whose staying where and when for the NLVM this year.  I know, it's early, but hotels could start selling out soon.

Post the name of your hotel and the dates here if you want it made public.  Otherwise just clam up and save it for PM's.  Smile

I'll start.  Once again party central will be my hotel, Mandalay Bay.

Mandalay Bay

Cannon
CLDRunner
DonaldAz
G8rgirl
Jeff
Hammergirl
Klink
Oaks
Park City Runner
Prncssrnnr (sat)
rkmjtk
RunnerAngie & HSalas
Speedy Braz
Tofield1 & Kim
VoteForPedro
We're Tri-ing

THEHotel at Mandalay Bay

HungryJerry
Kathyb

Luxor

Central Texas Runner
Daniel M
LR_Canuck
TriHumor
ZonaRunner

Harrah's

I'm a Ramrod

New York New York/u]

Teri

[u]Excalibur

Leslie
LKC73
Prince George Old Guy
Rich NJ
SeeChicletRun
Shy Flirt
Slowpole
Some Call Me...Bill
Tony (SoreCalf)

Treasure Island

dbdiva
pa. plodder (fri-mon)

RIO

FimFam

Imperial Palace

CPAK

Tuscany Suites

Big Al

Signature Suites at MGM

KamloopsKid

Hooter's

Lefty

RE: NLVM '07 Whose Staying Where List - RunnerAngie - 04-18-2007 10:31 AM

I believe we are going to stay at the Mandalay the night before and night of the race. We haven't made reservations yet.

RE: NLVM '07 Whose Staying Where List - Lesley - 04-18-2007 10:45 AM

I want to stay at Mandalay this year. I cannot burden Jerry for yet another ride after the race again! :)

RE: NLVM '07 Whose Staying Where List - Jeff - 04-18-2007 10:46 AM

My plan will be to stay at Mandaly, it will just be so much easier

RE: NLVM '07 Whose Staying Where List - Prncssrnnr - 04-18-2007 12:24 PM

The Princess and her King will be at Mandalay Bay Saturday night.

I did check on group rates here for a block of rooms and the best they would give us was the marathon rate of $200 per night. However if you are just staying at the MB without mentioning the marathon the rate is $180. Go figure........

RE:  NLVM '07 Whose Staying Where List - Donaldaz - 04-18-2007 01:17 PM

Prncssrnnr Wrote:

if you are just staying at the MB without mentioning the marathon the rate is $180. 

I tried booking my reservation using the "group code" from Devine's website. Got an error that the code is invalid or expired.

RE: NLVM '07 Whose Staying Where List - klink - 04-18-2007 01:23 PM

I've stayed at the Luxor the last two years because it was cheaper than Mandalay Bay. Liked the hotel, so figured I stay there again. But...may try Mandalay Bay since it looks like all of the cool people are staying there! :notworthy:

Decisions, decisions!

RE: NLVM '07 Whose Staying Where List - Ramrod I Am - 04-18-2007 06:53 PM

Harrah's.

RE: NLVM '07 Whose Staying Where List - kathyb - 04-18-2007 09:22 PM

TheHotel at Mandalay Bay. I'm already looking forward to it!!

RE: NLVM '07 Whose Staying Where List - Teri - 04-18-2007 10:21 PM

Once again, I'll be at MGM...........comped, due to gambling!

RE: NLVM '07 Whose Staying Where List - CPAK - 04-19-2007 01:20 AM

I will have to find a new place :( IP is going down this year right? Although, they are still taking reservations - Go Figure.

James

RE:  NLVM '07 Whose Staying Where List - CPAK - 04-19-2007 01:23 AM

klink Wrote:

I've stayed at the Luxor the last two years because it was cheaper than Mandalay Bay. Liked the hotel, so figured I stay there again. But...may try Mandalay Bay since it looks like all of the cool people are staying there! :notworthy:

Decisions, decisions!

Hey :mad: everybody in this club is cool :thumbup:

James
RE: NLVM '07 Whose Staying Where List - Speedy Braz - 04-19-2007 06:36 AM

Mandalay Bay no question.

Braz

RE: NLVM '07 Whose Staying Where List - Kamloops Kid - 04-19-2007 07:25 AM

It is our 10th anniversary this year so we are staying in Vegas for 1 week and we are already booked at THEhotel at Mandalay Bay. Same as you KathyB. It looks super nice and is rated "The number 1 hotel for Romance". For those that have met me... I need all the help that I can get. We are still exploring the idea of spending the first 3 nights at MB and saving a couple hundred $$ for food and drink(which could also help my chances).:xfingers:

RE: NLVM '07 Whose Staying Where List - Kamloops Kid - 04-19-2007 07:27 AM

It is our 10th anniversary this year so we are staying in Vegas for 1 week and we are already booked at THEhotel at Mandalay Bay. Same as you KathyB. It looks super nice and is rated "The number 1 hotel for Romance". For those that have met me... I need all the help that I can get. We are still exploring the idea of spending the first 3 nights at MB and saving a couple hundred $$ for food and drink(which could also help my chances).:xfingers:

Ooops - Kamloops Kid - 04-19-2007 07:29 AM

I am soooooo excited, I had to tell you twice... D.A.:HappyDance2:

RE: NLVM '07 Whose Staying Where List - RunnerAngie - 04-19-2007 07:33 AM

Congrats Chris! Sounds like you and Brenda will have a super time. Our 10th is this June.

RE: NLVM '07 Whose Staying Where List - Tofield! - 04-19-2007 08:13 AM

Not booked yet, but Kim and I are planning for Mandalay Bay...

RE: NLVM '07 Whose Staying Where List - RunnerAngie - 04-19-2007 09:07 AM

We just booked Mandalay thru Expedia. Got a decent rate of $190 for Saturday and then $119 for Sunday. Total of $351~ not bad really. Better rates than what came up on the Mandalay website.

RE: NLVM '07 Whose Staying Where List - Kamloops Kid - 04-19-2007 09:28 AM

Ang... congratulations to you and Hill on your 10th.  I thought that you would use my previous post to take a shot at me but obviously you are in a higher class than I gave you credit for, or....  ;) n o t

RE: NLVM '07 Whose Staying Where List - Speedy Braz - 04-19-2007 10:02 AM

Wow, a bunch of Juners, us Also.

I think it's our 10th also , or 9th, geesh
fees like our 25th.

Braz

RE: NLVM '07 Whose Staying Where List - Slowpole - 04-19-2007 10:27 AM

We are about to celebrate our 27th a week from today. For our anniversary, I'm taking Ann to the Kentucky Derby (well, maybe the Kentucky Derby marathon). She's really excited!

Well, we haven't made any plans for Vegas yet, but will probably stay in van down by the river. Wait, are there any rivers there??? We'll go cheap somewhere - perhaps the Tropicana. I seem to recall some pretty good deals there last year and it's close enough.

Great idea to do this Don!

RE: NLVM '07 Whose Staying Where List - Donaldaz - 04-19-2007 11:58 AM

The Tropicana is pretty decent. Low price and the rooms were just fine. Just down the block from the start so the location is good.

There's a river, sort of, at the Venetian. Might have trouble parking a van there though!

RE: NLVM '07 Whose Staying Where List - CanadianBeancounter - 04-19-2007 12:03 PM

We stayed at the Tropicana last year and it was very cheap via Expedia and totally fine. But I'm not one to spend much on hotel rooms. I needed to save my $ for the 8 hours of shopping at the outlet mall on Monday.

DH and I are 17 years this June 2nd.

RE: NLVM '07 Whose Staying Where List - RunnerAngie - 04-19-2007 12:07 PM

Braz~ you are nine this year :) I recall taking to Renee about it at dinner in Vegas.

RE: NLVM '07 Whose Staying Where List - Phoebe - 04-19-2007 02:19 PM

I don't know where we're staying but just wanted to say that we're 10 years this July.

RE: NLVM '07 Whose Staying Where List - Prince George old guy - 04-19-2007 02:51 PM

Will be back at the Excalibre again this year as it is easy to get to/from the start/finish. Last year it was $51.00/night average this year it is more but still a lot less that the Mandalay, I think the average is $78.00/night.
Hey Chris KK I am at Kamloops right now. Will be going for a short run tomorrow as I did my last long run (20 miles-32kms) on Sat then the Sun run (10kms) on Sunday. I will be here until Friday morning.
Hope that all you maried folks can look back in 23 LVM's from now and give thanks for all those wonderful years of wedded bliss. Sure would be great to help you all celebrate the 21st New Las Vegas Marathon with all the happy couples having their 34th etc. anniversaries in Las Vegas.

RE: NLVM '07 Whose Staying Where List - Kamloops Kid - 04-20-2007 03:16 AM

Hello there Brian;:seeya:

So when are you moving down here full time? Weather is pretty nice today so thanks for bringing that. When are you running on Thursday? I am running at lunchtime so may see you out there.

Good to hear from you buddy and keep in touch. Let's get out when you are in town.

RE: NLVM '07 Whose Staying Where List - Kamloops Kid - 04-20-2007 03:21 AM

ps. Congrats to all of the Anniversarites... especially the 10's.

Leon, some people here weren't born when you were married.:yikes: That is impressive... congratulations, you can't be that slow.

RE: NLVM '07 Whose Staying Where List - The Other Jeff - 04-20-2007 03:49 AM

Well it won't be our tenth anniversay, but our anniversay is on the 10th of June...and the scary thing is that my son's anniversay is on the 10th of June and my parent's anniversay is on the 10th of June. We are a sick family...my sisters changed their names when they got married so they got to get married on any day that they chose...but the Venable anniversay is the 10th of June...and that is all I have to say on THAT subject!

RE: NLVM '07 Whose Staying Where List - Some call me...Bill - 04-20-2007 06:14 AM

We'll probably stay at Excalibur again, but we'll see which hotel wants to comp us after we drop tons of money there this summer.

Oh yeah, JULY 10th will be our 14th anniversary (...is that wood? ...or is every anniversary wood?)

RE:  NLVM '07 Whose Staying Where List - SeeChicletRun - 04-20-2007 06:20 AM

Some call me...Bill Wrote:

Oh yeah, JULY 10th will be our 14th anniversary (...is that wood?  ...or is every anniversary wood?)

:laugh: OMG thats so funny!

Im probably staying at the mandalay bay with some other ladies here, gotta work out the details...at least I cant get lost this way eh?

July 15th will be 7 years for me and hubby, June marks 10 years since we started dating.
RE: NLVM '07 Whose Staying Where List - Prncssrnnr - 04-20-2007 06:36 AM

I just booked the honeymoon suite :HappyDance2: at the MB for the DH and I. Since he will be just returning home, I thought I could benefit in 2 ways with that kind of suite :woot: Of course what I mean is that I will be using the spa tub to soak in after the marathon :laugh:

RE:  NLVM '07 Whose Staying Where List - DickieV - 04-20-2007 06:39 AM

Prncssrnnr Wrote:

I just booked the honeymoon suite :HappyDance2: at the MB for the DH and I.  Since he will be just returning home, I thought I could benefit in 2 ways with that kind of suite :woot:  Of course what I mean is that I will be using the spa tub to soak in after the marathon  :laugh:

yeah, that's what I would have said. ;)
RE:  NLVM '07 Whose Staying Where List - hammergirl - 04-20-2007 10:57 AM

Prncssrnnr Wrote:

I just booked the honeymoon suite :HappyDance2: at the MB for the DH and I.  Since he will be just returning home, I thought I could benefit in 2 ways with that kind of suite :woot:  Of course what I mean is that I will be using the spa tub to soak in after the marathon  :laugh:

Yeah ... we'll believe you Princess :rolleyes:

As for us ... not sure ... thinking Excalibur or Luxor or maybe Tropicana ... we'll have 2 rooms (one for DH and I and one for DS and MIL) and since we're footing the bill and in Canadian we want to keep things reasonable.  MB is a little sweet for 2 rooms over 3-4 nites.

Definitely staying near the rest of the gang!  

Oh and we'll be at 22 this December ... no we're not doing the Run-Thru again ... maybe for the 25th :)
RE: NLVM '07 Whose Staying Where List - Kamloops Kid - 04-20-2007 01:23 PM

Hammergirl... I am with you that MB was pricey but we didn't want to stay at Excalibur and the jump from Luxor Tower(wanted a tub) to MB wasn't that much.

RE: NLVM '07 Whose Staying Where List - klink - 04-21-2007 10:11 AM

:woot: I just booked our reservations at Mandalay Bay!!!!

RE: NLVM '07 Whose Staying Where List - Prince George old guy - 04-21-2007 01:29 PM

Just jumping in here for a short hello To Chris AKA Kamloops Kid.
Didn't get out yesterday as my mom kept me very busy working in her garden. Got home today so now I must get going on my yard work. I should be back there around mai 1st on my way to Cincinatti. Have 27 more months before I can move to Kamloops sure am looking forward to that. Hope you have another great summer.

RE: NLVM '07 Whose Staying Where List - pa. plodder - 04-22-2007 10:44 AM

I have four comp days at Treasure Island. I booked Friday-Monday.

RE: NLVM '07 Whose Staying Where List - Ramrod I Am - 04-22-2007 11:25 AM

Hey John,if my brother comes in for the race,we'll probably go to Treasure Island,and I'll leave my comped room at Harrah's for my sister.My brother is in my roto league,so between the three of us,we could have some REAL fun there!!!

RE: NLVM '07 Whose Staying Where List - g8rgirl - 04-22-2007 11:27 AM

My friend Jeff, Oaks and I booked a suite at MB...can anyone say "after party"...of course after the party in the Island Bar ;) :HappyDance2:

Now lets just pray my knee cooperates so that I can run. :xfingers:

RE: NLVM '07 Whose Staying Where List - Ramrod I Am - 04-22-2007 11:41 AM

I'd be there just to have the extra time with you and Oaks!And I HATE parties!!!I'll bring the crack...I mean,I'll bring the marshmallows.You ARE planning a fire,aren't you?

I'm NOT the Jeff g8r is referring to....

RE:  NLVM '07 Whose Staying Where List - Slowpole - 04-22-2007 12:25 PM

Kamloops Kid Wrote:

ps. Congrats to all of the Anniversarites... especially the 10's.

Leon, some people here weren't born when you were married.:yikes: That is impressive... congratulations, you can't be that slow.

Yeah, we got married when we were 13. :P
RE:  NLVM '07 Whose Staying Where List - pa. plodder - 04-23-2007 03:35 AM

I'm A Ramrod Wrote:

Hey John,if my brother comes in for the race,we'll probably go to Treasure Island,and I'll leave my comped room at Harrah's for my sister.My brother is in my roto league,so between the three of us,we could have some REAL fun there!!!

Sounds good Jeff. Hopefully we'll be able to talk about successful seasons for all of us. My team is holding it's own so far. You have V. Guerrero back and that's good news.
RE: NLVM '07 Whose Staying Where List - CLDRunner - 04-25-2007 02:12 AM

Ellen and I have just booked our reservations at Mandalay Bay :)
Kie

RE: NLVM '07 Whose Staying Where List - Dean - 04-25-2007 01:43 PM

Two years ago we stayed at the Luxor. For some reason the wife didn't like it so we stayed at the Excalibur last year and she seemed fine with it so it's either there or NYNY this year. Oh yeah this June will be our 13th. Married in Vegas on June 11, 1994.

RE: NLVM '07 Whose Staying Where List - hungryjerry - 04-27-2007 03:20 PM

We'll be staying at The Hotel again........

RE: NLVM '07 Whose Staying Where List - Tony. - 05-08-2007 05:53 AM

We will be coming to Las Vegas again this year after all , decided to not move house for a couple of years so that limbo feelings gone , we will be staying at the Excalibur, just booked it today.

RE: NLVM '07 Whose Staying Where List - RunnerAngie - 05-08-2007 07:05 AM

WooHoo!!!

RE: NLVM '07 Whose Staying Where List - Some call me...Bill - 05-09-2007 10:39 AM

Woo hoo! Let's hear it for all of us Excalibur cheap bastards!!! (um...I mean thrifty individuals).

RE:  NLVM '07 Whose Staying Where List - CPAK - 05-10-2007 03:20 AM

Woo hoo! Let's hear it for all of us Excalibur cheap bastards!!! (um...I mean thrifty individuals).

I wouldn't say that Bill, I would prefer wise or salt of the earth descriptions, please.

Say, just how cheap are these rooms? Some cheap bastard here wants to know :thumbup:

James

RE:   NLVM '07 Whose Staying Where List - Some call me...Bill - 05-10-2007 04:08 AM

CPAK Wrote:

Woo hoo!  Let's hear it for all of us Excalibur cheap bastards!!! (um...I mean thrifty individuals).

I wouldn't say that Bill, I would prefer wise or salt of the earth descriptions, please.

Say, just how cheap are these rooms? Some cheap bastard here wants to know :thumbup:

James

I get a flier from them every month, showing the next 4 months or so in a calendar format with the room rates for each night. Typically, weekdays are $49, weekends $89 or $99. Since the marathon is not on a holiday weekend, that is usually the rates I'll see. I'll know when I get that flier in Sept.
RE:    NLVM '07 Whose Staying Where List - Daniel M - 05-11-2007 08:37 AM

Is there a promo code to get those rates?... because they seem quite a bit less than the posted rates.

I get a flier from them every month, showing the next 4 months or so in a calendar format with the room rates for each night.  Typically, weekdays are $49, weekends $89 or $99.  Since the marathon is not on a holiday weekend, that is usually the rates I'll see.  I'll know when I get that flier in Sept.

RE: NLVM '07 Whose Staying Where List - Park City Runner - 05-11-2007 09:10 AM

We are staying at Madalay Bay.

RE:     NLVM '07 Whose Staying Where List - Some call me...Bill - 05-11-2007 10:21 AM

Daniel M Wrote:

Is there a promo code to get those rates?... because they seem quite a bit less than the posted rates.

I get a flier from them every month, showing the next 4 months or so in a calendar format with the room rates for each night.  Typically, weekdays are $49, weekends $89 or $99.  Since the marathon is not on a holiday weekend, that is usually the rates I'll see.  I'll know when I get that flier in Sept.

Yeah, I'll post what it is when I get it. It's pretty generic.
RE:      NLVM '07 Whose Staying Where List - Daniel M - 05-12-2007 04:28 AM

Daniel M Wrote:

Yeah, I'll post what it is when I get it.  It's pretty generic.

I did a Google search for promo codes, and the net has many collections of them. There is already a fairly big difference in rates between Excalibur and MB ($303 vs. $490 for 3 nights). If there is a code that knocks it down even more, I think I will be sleeping at the castle too.
RE: NLVM '07 Whose Staying Where List - dbdiva - 05-18-2007 04:07 PM

We haven't committed to the LVM yet, but will be down for the Great Santa Run if I can juggle my work schedule. The great thing about the Santa Run is that it starts pretty late, and no matter how hung over I am, I can still run a 5K. We will most likely stay at the Treasure Island, because it is so much easier to stumble out of the bar and into the elevator, than it is to stumble out of the bar and into a cab.

RE: NLVM '07 Whose Staying Where List - rkmjtk - 05-23-2007 10:07 AM

I haven't made my reservations yet, but since the last 2 years I stayed at the Mandalay I plan to keep the tradition going. Plus if we meet up at the Island Bar again it's a short walk! :thumbup:

RE: NLVM '07 Whose Staying Where List - voyadelante - 05-24-2007 05:39 PM

11083 Gagliano St.

Oh, wait, that's my house!!! :P

Decided not to do the Luxor this year since the 'rents aren't coming out. I'll just have my DH drop me off on his way into work. Which means I'll have to kill some time btw my finish and 2:30pm...:pizza::drunk:

RE: NLVM '07 Whose Staying Where List - VegasShanin - 06-02-2007 07:53 AM

I'll be in my own bed snuggling my beautiful wife. :HappyDance2:

The Beltway is a great thing (Summerlin to the start line in 20 minutes).

RE: NLVM '07 Whose Staying Where List - Shy Flirt - 06-07-2007 12:08 PM

I just booked a room at The Excalibur for Saturday and Sunday night. I chose a room with a view of the strip since it was only about $20 more. I decided I really didn't need the big screen TV. A hot tub would have been nice, but that room would have been VERY expensive. But it would have been very nice after the race!

RE: NLVM '07 Whose Staying Where List - PDILLM - 06-11-2007 06:40 AM

We're flying out for a week, but can only do MB for two nights. Ouch!! I'm looking at the Embassy Suites and the manager's reception for the rest of the time. Where in MB is the after race party? I'm all for that if I can sit!!

RE:  NLVM '07 Whose Staying Where List - CPAK - 06-11-2007 08:10 AM

PDILLM Wrote:

We're flying out for a week, but can only do MB for two nights. Ouch!! I'm looking at the Embassy Suites and the manager's reception for the rest of the time. Where in MB is the after race party? I'm all for that if I can sit!!

At the Island Lounge http://www.mandalaybay.com/dining/lounges.aspx. Did you run this event last year? Look into the pasta party; it's a lot of fun?
Don’t worry about sitting - a lot of people were standing last year!

Here's a stupid? - what do you mean by the "manager's reception" ? Good room rate? Where's Ginger26.2 when I need her?

Glad you dropped in, hope to see you in Vegas PDILLM!!

James

RE: NLVM '07 Whose Staying Where List - Jeff - 06-12-2007 03:48 AM

I just booked my room for mandalay bay

RE: NLVM '07 Whose Staying Where List - PDILLM - 06-12-2007 05:59 AM

CPAK,

The Embassy Suites Manager's reception is a 2-3 hour (varies upon hotel) where drinks and food are free.  I stayed at the E.S. at 3600 Paradise Road a few months ago.  The food wasn't anything good, but ALL drinks are free!  Some places have just beer\wine, but seems all Vegas E.S. have all beverages.  They do ask to see a room key, but thats their only "check".  Heck,  Since I'm moving from MB to the ES on Monday, I'll just pass an extra room key around and everyone drinks for free!!!

On a side note, Hampton Inn is starting to do something similiar, but it seems its only one night a week and typicially on a Wednesday.

Paul

RE: NLVM '07 Whose Staying Where List - SeeChicletRun - 06-12-2007 06:18 AM

Awe man free drinks and Im knocked up- how unfair is that!

RE: NLVM '07 Whose Staying Where List - PDILLM - 06-12-2007 10:40 AM

I'm a smart enough guy to know there is nothing that I can say!!! My wife has taught me the skill of self preservation!!!

RE:  NLVM '07 Whose Staying Where List - Jeff - 06-12-2007 12:11 PM

SeeChicletRun Wrote:

LOL, just they way that came out I was laughing and almost spit my water on my computer
RE:  NLVM '07 Whose Staying Where List - Donaldaz - 06-12-2007 12:24 PM

SeeChicletRun Wrote:

Usually free drinks gets you knocked up. :rolleyes:
RE: NLVM '07 Whose Staying Where List - Lesley - 06-14-2007 06:32 AM

Of all the souveniers from Vegas...

RE: NLVM '07 Whose Staying Where List - SeeChicletRun - 06-14-2007 06:40 AM

Drinking and vegas had nothing to do with any of my childrens conception :laugh: . Imagine if I drank :scared:

Jeff- glad I gave you a chuckle! ;)

RE: NLVM '07 Whose Staying Where List - ZonaRunner - 06-26-2007 05:54 AM

Hi everyone!  I'll be at the Luxor Sat. & Sunday night.

RE: NLVM '07 Whose Staying Where List - RunnerAngie - 06-26-2007 07:54 AM

Great Zona~ we'll see you there!!!

RE: NLVM '07 Whose Staying Where List - hammergirl - 07-01-2007 02:51 AM

So it's official! We're booked on Southwest Airlines leaving Buffalo on November 29 arriving in LV at 1:10 p.m. Booked into the Mandalay Bay from Thu - Mon. Leaving Vegas on Southwest on Monday Dec 3 at 5:10 p.m.

Joining me is DH, DS and MIL ... :woot:
:HappyDance2::HappyDance2: :HappyDance2:
:party: :party: :party:

RE: NLVM '07 Whose Staying Where List - Slowpole - 07-03-2007 11:09 AM

Anyone know how Hooter's is? The rates are awfully attractive and the location isn't too bad. Leon

RE: NLVM '07 Whose Staying Where List - RunnerAngie - 07-03-2007 12:26 PM

Leon~ I believe VancouversHardest (Jeff) styaed there last year and said it was fine. If he doesn't pop in you could PM him.

RE: NLVM '07 Whose Staying Where List - fimfam - 07-03-2007 01:57 PM

Don I see you have me staying at Harrah's. We'er staying at the RIO. It's next to the Gold Coast so I can pig out at the Pasta Party and Jean can carry me back to our room.

RE:  NLVM '07 Whose Staying Where List - Donaldaz - 07-03-2007 02:23 PM

fimfam Wrote:

Don I see you have me staying at Harrah's. We'er staying at the RIO. It's next to the Gold Coast so I can pig out at the Pasta Party and Jean can carry me back to our room.

Doesn't Jean have enough to carry, what with all the bags of moolah she wins in the casinos?

RE: NLVM '07 Whose Staying Where List - rkmjtk - 07-10-2007 11:57 AM

Okay I'm officially booked into the Mandalay Bay arriving Friday and checking out marathon Sunday.

RE: NLVM '07 Whose Staying Where List - cannon - 07-18-2007 10:44 AM

MB for me, too! Checking in Saturday and checking out when the funds run out... or Tuesday. Whichever comes sooner.

RE: NLVM '07 Whose Staying Where List - SeeChicletRun - 08-06-2007 03:55 AM

Lisa, Lesley and I are all shacking up at the Excalibur

RE: NLVM '07 Whose Staying Where List - PDILLM - 08-06-2007 03:57 AM

Slowpole,

I wasn't too impressed with the Hooters.  I didn't stay there, but went in for a visit!  One thing I noticed was it was incredibly smokey, much more than I expected.  The place itself was kind of dumpy, not in a state of disrepair, but not nice looking.  

If $$$ is an issue, I would suggest the Hampton Inn that is close to MB.  Its a nice hotel that they just finished renovations on a few months ago.  I think I paid around a $100/night.  I can't remember the address, but its very close to MB.

-Paul

RE:  NLVM '07 Whose Staying Where List - Slowpole - 08-06-2007 09:52 AM

PDILLM Wrote:

Slowpole,

I wasn't too impressed with the Hooters. I didn't stay there, but went in for a visit! One thing I noticed was it was incredibly smokey, much more than I expected. The place itself was kind of dumpy, not in a state of disrepair, but not nice looking.

If $$$ is an issue, I would suggest the Hampton Inn that is close to MB. Its a nice hotel that they just finished renovations on a few months ago. I think I paid around a $100/night. I can't remember the address, but its very close to MB.

-Paul

Thanks Paul. We've decided not to stay at Hooters - too many mixed reviews and we could only get 2 doubles and not 2 queens like we wanted. So we might be off to the Excallibur, but I'll certainly check out the Hampton. Leon

Update - We booked the Excallibur.
RE: NLVM '07 Whose Staying Where List - We're Tri-ing - 08-07-2007 05:32 AM

We are staying at Mandalay Bay and I even talked Shannon into running the marathon this year. :HappyDance2:

RE: NLVM '07 Whose Staying Where List - Kamloops Kid - 08-07-2007 05:54 AM

Hiya Donna;:seeya:

Another Canadian with the day off I see. I am at work but super slow here. Good to see you are staying at OUR Hotel. By the look of your great Avatar, you will be the best looking couple at MB.

Talk to you soon... chris

RE: NLVM '07 Whose Staying Where List - We're Tri-ing - 08-07-2007 07:16 AM

Hey Chris! Thanks for the compliment, that picture was from the wedding we attended this weekend. We were driving around in the limo, trying to kill some time before the reception. We are looking forward to catching up with you guys again this year, it should be a lot of fun! Donna:D

RE: NLVM '07 Whose Staying Where List - Kamloops Kid - 08-07-2007 09:10 AM

YouBetcha it will be fun. Looking forward to it as that may be my only event left this year except for Kelowna 1/2.

TTFN

RE:  NLVM '07 Whose Staying Where List - Slowpole - 08-07-2007 11:21 AM

We're Tri-ing Wrote:

We are staying at Mandalay Bay and I even talked Shannon into running the marathon this year. :HappyDance2:

Welcome Shannon. It's nice to have the Hollywood couple with us in Vegas.
RE: NLVM '07 Whose Staying Where List - RunnerAngie - 08-07-2007 10:32 PM

Great picture Shan & Donna!!! So glad to hear you are at Mandalay and that Shan is running the marathon. Woo Hoo.

Good to see you too Chris!

RE: NLVM '07 Whose Staying Where List - Kamloops Kid - 08-08-2007 01:04 AM

Hiya Ang;

It is great to be seen.:thumbup:

We are inside 4 months now so time to put down the Nachos and Coronas and smarten up with my training. My Docker comfort waistband is starting to cut the blood circulation off to my legs.

RE:  NLVM '07 Whose Staying Where List - Lesley - 08-08-2007 01:48 AM

Kamloops Kid Wrote:

Hiya Ang;

It is great to be seen.:thumbup:

We are inside 4 months now so time to put down the Nachos and Coronas and smarten up with my training.  My Docker comfort waistband is starting to cut the blood circulation off to my legs.  

LOL, I've missed you, Chris! Tell B I said HI!!!!
RE: NLVM '07 Whose Staying Where List - Kamloops Kid - 08-08-2007 02:26 AM

Hi Les;

Yes, we miss you as well. I will say hi to B. She is always looking over my shoulder when I am lurking. She lurks while I lurk. Sounds creepy.

Anyways, like it or not, I will be around a little more now. I will have to upgrade my Avatar as soon as I can get down to Sears for a new photo.

RE: NLVM '07 Whose Staying Where List - Lesley - 08-08-2007 02:58 AM

LOL!!

The lurker becomes the lurkee??

RE: NLVM '07 Whose Staying Where List - voteforpedro - 08-08-2007 05:17 PM

We are staying at Mandalay Bay

:party: :party:

lawrence

RE: NLVM '07 Whose Staying Where List - fimfam - 08-09-2007 12:05 AM

Wait a minute Lawrence you live in Vegas.  What are you planning on doing at the MB that you can't do at home?;)

RE: NLVM '07 Whose Staying Where List - CPAK - 08-10-2007 01:01 AM

Looks like the IP will be around for the rest of the year. Price is too good to pass up,in the middle of the strip, and next door to Ramrod/FimFam - what more could you ask for :thumbup:

James

PS Ramrod/FimFam - what kind of rates are you getting from Harrah's?

RE: NLVM '07 Whose Staying Where List - Daniel M - 08-31-2007 09:46 AM

I just booked at Luxor... the rates had gone up slightly since I last checked. The non-refundable offer showed as sold-out for the Saturday (though I did a new search and it showed up again)

RE: NLVM '07 Whose Staying Where List - Trihumor - 09-07-2007 12:33 PM

I too am at the Luxor....did the MVP non-refundable route. $127 for Sat night and $68 for Sunday.

So I'm all in for $195.......non refundable. (Always good motivation to train....)

RE: NLVM '07 Whose Staying Where List - Teri - 10-12-2007 06:54 AM

I was booked at the MGM, but just got comped at the New York New York...so staying there....it is closer to start/finish by a bit!

RE: NLVM '07 Whose Staying Where List - LR_Canuck - 10-27-2007 05:16 AM

I just finished booking my room and I will be staying at the Luxor.

The Saturday night is getting booked up quickly (currently there are "no arrivals" on Saturday) & is getting more and more expensive.

RE: NLVM '07 Whose Staying Where List - Big Al - 10-27-2007 11:47 AM

Tuscany Suites on Flamingo Blvd for me. We stay there every year.

RE: NLVM '07 Whose Staying Where List - central texas runner - 10-29-2007 11:00 AM

Add me to the Luxor please.

Calissa

RE: NLVM '07 Whose Staying Where List - Rich NJ - 10-29-2007 11:01 PM

I'm staying at the Excalibur.

RE: NLVM '07 Whose Staying Where List - Kamloops Kid - 10-30-2007 01:50 AM

We moved from MB and THEhotel(3 days and 4 days) to Signature Suites at MGM.  We are staying for 1 week and found a Private 1 bedroom unit that is only 3 months old.  Saved money over MB as well.  950 sq feet, full kitchen and most importantly...   2 full bathrooms.  Party central @ KKids' place.:party:  Reservations recommended.  haha.

RE: NLVM '07 Whose Staying Where List - Ramrod - 11-03-2007 04:29 AM

WOW Kid,that's beautiful!!!!

RE: NLVM '07 Whose Staying Where List - Kamloops Kid - 11-03-2007 05:35 AM

It is pretty nice isn't it? Even a guy like me might have a shot...:xfingers: well as long as the beer fridge is stocked.

RE:  NLVM '07 Whose Staying Where List - We're Tri-ing - 11-03-2007 05:46 AM

Kamloops Kid Wrote:

It is pretty nice isn't it?  Even a guy like me might have a shot...:xfingers:  well as long as the beer fridge is stocked.

so it looks like you've moved on from Mandalay Bay? Sounds like you made a good choice, you get beer with your room? :cheers:

Donna
RE:   NLVM '07 Whose Staying Where List - Kamloops Kid - 11-03-2007 05:50 AM

We're Tri-ing Wrote:

Kamloops Kid Wrote:

It is pretty nice isn't it?  Even a guy like me might have a shot...:xfingers:  well as long as the beer fridge is stocked.

so it looks like you've moved on from Mandalay Bay?  Sounds like you made a good choice, you get beer with your room?   :cheers:

Donna

That's right Donna, and I share with my friends.  Wow, that got your attention didn't it?:drunk:
RE: NLVM '07 Whose Staying Where List - We're Tri-ing - 11-03-2007 06:51 AM

its great to have beer...I mean have you as our friend! :dance3:
Donna

RE:  NLVM '07 Whose Staying Where List - Kamloops Kid - 11-03-2007 07:07 AM

We're Tri-ing Wrote:

its great to have beer...I mean have you as our friend! :dance3:
Donna

I know what you mean.  I am going to practice my beer drinking tonight as our Vegas group is getting together for a couple of hours.  How is this for a name of a sports bar...    The Thirsty Dog.

:wav:
RE:   NLVM '07 Whose Staying Where List - voyadelante - 11-03-2007 07:21 AM

Kamloops Kid Wrote:

I know what you mean. I am going to practice my beer drinking tonight as our Vegas group is getting together for a couple of hours. How is this for a name of a sports bar... The Thirsty Dog.

Is this why you opted for such an opulent space?? Are you hosting a whole army of Canadians?? However are we going to keep up with you guys?! And why aren't you registered for the Red Dress Run?!
RE:    NLVM '07 Whose Staying Where List - Kamloops Kid - 11-03-2007 07:48 AM

voyadelante Wrote:

Kamloops Kid Wrote:

I know what you mean.  I am going to practice my beer drinking tonight as our Vegas group is getting together for a couple of hours.  How is this for a name of a sports bar...    The Thirsty Dog.

Is this why you opted for such an opulent space??  Are you hosting a whole army of Canadians??  However are we going to keep up with you guys?!  And why aren't you registered for the Red Dress Run?!

The more the merrier I always say. The red dress run has me curious, but I am pretty conservative. English and Canadian... it doesn't get more conservative than that. I actually had some fun with the group last year on Fremont Street on Friday night. Pretty flippin' funny.

Are you running??
RE: NLVM '07 Whose Staying Where List - Phoebe - 11-03-2007 08:04 AM

We're at MGM Grand.

RE:  NLVM '07 Whose Staying Where List - Kamloops Kid - 11-03-2007 08:28 AM

Phoebe Wrote:

We're at MGM Grand.

We'll be neighbo(u)rs
RE:     NLVM '07 Whose Staying Where List - voyadelante - 11-03-2007 10:21 AM

Kamloops Kid Wrote:

The more the merrier I always say. The red dress run has me curious, but I am pretty conservative. English and Canadian... it doesn't get more conservative than that. I actually had some fun with the group last year on Fremont Street on Friday night. Pretty flippin' funny.

Are you running??

Yep! MJSull talked me into it. As did Lesley. It does seem like a pretty rowdy crowd, but I know a local Canadian who is running, and I know it can't be worse than a post Rugby match get-together in an English Pub!! Plus, Michael assures me that I can be home by midnight...
So now that I've shot your excuses down, what's next? :P Especially if you're planning on being on Fremont Street again... just what went on last year??
RE:      NLVM '07 Whose Staying Where List - Kamloops Kid - 11-04-2007 01:21 AM

voyadelante Wrote:

Kamloops Kid Wrote:

The more the merrier I always say.  The red dress run has me curious, but I am pretty conservative.  English and Canadian...  it doesn't get more conservative than that.  I actually had some fun with the group last year on Fremont Street on Friday night.  Pretty flippin' funny.

Are you running??

Yep!  MJSull talked me into it.  As did Lesley.  It does seem like a pretty rowdy crowd, but I know a local Canadian who is running, and I know it can't be worse than a post Rugby match get-together in an English Pub!!  Plus, Michael assures me that I can be home by midnight...
So now that I've shot your excuses down, what's next? :P  Especially if you're planning on being on Fremont Street again... just what went on last year??

I have had all night to think of more excuses...

We were down on Fremont last year and all of a sudden, these red dressed guys and gals are running by. A couple of them stopped to talk and tell me about the HHH and invited us for some fun. They even gave me a website to checkout. No major event, just a brush with people having a hoot with the chance of getting their pics on youtube.
RE: NLVM '07 Whose Staying Where List - voyadelante - 11-05-2007 04:03 AM

Well, if you're not gonna run, you should definitely come be our cheering squad!! See, they were harmless, right?!

RE: NLVM '07 Whose Staying Where List - PowBu - 11-17-2007 06:15 AM

Hello, I'm new to this board. I'm suppose to mention that BD2 sent me here. I'm grateful for his advice.

Since this is a last minute decision of mine to run this race, I didn't do much planning and was too late to get a room at Mandalay. I'm also not flying in until Saturday afternoon and leaving Sunday night, so I figure the Tropicana for one night will do. However, I may change my mind if I decide to stay longer.

RE: NLVM '07 Whose Staying Where List - RunnerAngie - 11-17-2007 08:57 AM

Welcome PowBu~ so does this mean BD2 is coming to run as well?

RE: NLVM '07 Whose Staying Where List - Some call me...Bill - 11-17-2007 10:09 AM

Oh, I just noticed this thread (again). We are going to be staying at the Luxor. But my in-laws are going to be at Excalibur. So I'll be at Luxbur.

RE:  NLVM '07 Whose Staying Where List - PowBu - 11-17-2007 02:03 PM

RunnerAngie Wrote:

Welcome PowBu~ so does this mean BD2 is coming to run as well?

Sorry, I don't have that information.
RE: NLVM '07 Whose Staying Where List - lefty_flash - 11-30-2007 06:08 AM

I'm staying at the Hooters (not for the reasons you might think, I got a great rate).

RE:  NLVM '07 Whose Staying Where List - rkmjtk - 11-30-2007 06:10 AM

lefty_flash Wrote:

I'm staying at the Hooters (not for the reasons you might think, I got a great rate).

What reasons would that be. :rolleyes: Glad to hear from you Lefty.
RE:  NLVM '07 Whose Staying Where List - Some call me...Bill - 11-30-2007 07:04 AM

lefty_flash Wrote:

Glad you'll be in Vegas, Lefty!

Also, now it sounds like I have an excuse to go to Hooters. To check out the rooms. Yeah, that's why.
RE: NLVM '07 Whose Staying Where List - tulsaman - 11-30-2007 07:15 AM

I was at Hooters last year..great location..not far from the start/finish line.
And the outdoor pool is open year round...nice!!:kicking:

RE:  NLVM '07 Whose Staying Where List - lefty_flash - 11-30-2007 10:56 AM

tulsaman Wrote:

I was at Hooters last year..great location..not far from the start/finish line.
And the outdoor pool is open year round...nice!!:kicking:

I can see the headline now:

Lefty wears speedo on blustery Vegas afternoon. Riots ensue!

:flasher: (I can't believe this Smilie is here!)