Pages (5): « First « 1 [2] 3 4 5 » Last » Post Reply  Post Thread 

Dear Mr. Elephant
elephant

Group: Registered
RE:  Dear Mr. Elephant

The Other Jeff Wrote:

Oh yes, it is a definite improvement. The original was just a bit desparate looking...the "new" version is full of hope and promise...not to mention smiles! You two look wonderful!
<snip>

Yeah... the parody version 2 is my somewhat belated tenth anniversary present to the proud Iowans. Woot

Here is a copy of the austere original by Grant Wood:

... and here is a somewhat warmer version than the original with VM and Lefty Flash:

The above parody 1 version was probably closer to the original and also was included in our 2006 LVM Message Board Addicts poster.

I hope that Angie or Hill will use the parody version 2 as an avatar... it shows the friendly Iowan hospitality that will greet all the runners at the upcoming Dubuque Benefit Clasic Half Marathon on September 03rd. Thumbup

Albert

In NSR since 11/25/08.
Get adequate amount of sleep every night!

This post was last modified: 07-23-2007 03:45 AM by elephant.

07-23-2007 03:39 AM
Send the author an email Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply
cannon

RE: Dear Mr. Elephant

Albert, it's so good to have you back.

07-23-2007 05:05 AM
Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply
Hillard
Posting Freak Wannabe

RE:   Dear Mr. Elephant

elephant Wrote:

I hope that Angie or Hill will use the parody version 2 as an avatar... it shows the friendly Iowan hospitality that will greet all the runners at the upcoming Dubuque Benefit Clasic Half Marathon on September 03rd. :thumbup:

Albert

Okay, here it is...

Hillard, aka Mr. Runner Angie

<---  It's spring! Time to get back on my bike!
07-23-2007 10:55 AM
Send the author an email Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply
SurfCityUSA
Posting Freak Wannabe

Albert,

Very much enjoyed seeing your American Gothic II & III.

Sorry to hear about your car and your neck; at least you made it through your colonoscopy AOK.

Also, check the message board for Disneyland 1/2M plans. Pre and post race get togethers in the discussion stage. Looks like there will be more LVM'ers cheering than running this year.

--Dennis.

Upcoming:
RnR Las Vegas Marathon 12/2/2012
Surf City USA Marathon 2/3/2013
LA Marathon 3/17/2013
07-23-2007 12:22 PM
fimfam
Posting Freak Wannabe

So very glad to hear from you. We were worried about you. Tough break on the accident and the insurance thing. Sounds like things are on the mend. I hope everything continues to get better.

have road will run

07-23-2007 02:14 PM
Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply
lvrunner

Yes Albert, like Dennis said, come join us for the pre race get together.  We still haven't decided what to do for post race yet.  Let me bump the thread back to the top.

- David

07-23-2007 02:33 PM
Teri
Posting Freak Wannabe

Albert, I for one am so glad you are back with us again. You are remarkable!

07-23-2007 09:31 PM
We're Tri-ing
Posting Freak Wannabe

Albert, its nice to see you again. Sorry to hear about your car accident, glad you are ok. Donna

07-23-2007 10:50 PM
rkmjtk
Posting Freak Wannabe

Hey Albert hope your recovering quick from the accident. Nice to hear from you again! :)

Vegas goes by to fast!
07-24-2007 05:05 AM
elephant

RE:  Dear Mr. Elephant

rkmjtk Wrote:

Hey Albert hope your recovering quick from the accident. Nice to hear from you again! :)

Dennis, Jerry, David, Teri, Donna, rkmjtk:

Thanks for your sympathies... I fared far better than my little baby with the "262SLUG" license plate:

:scared: I think that I will replace that car with one that befits my age and running speed. :rolleyes:

Oh yeah, my PT has allowed me to increase my walking from 20 minutes last week to 45 minutes this week. Hopefully, I'll be able to get back on track for the Disneyland Half. In any case, I'll like to join the pre and post get together with the LVM'ers!

Albert

In NSR since 11/25/08.
Get adequate amount of sleep every night!

This post was last modified: 07-24-2007 11:29 AM by elephant.

07-24-2007 11:26 AM
Pages (5): « First « 1 [2] 3 4 5 » Last »

Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites
Rate This Thread: