Pages (5): « First [1] 2 3 4 5 » Last »

2007 Canadian Reunion Run Saturday December 1, 10:00
Daniel M
Posting Freak Wannabe

Group: Registered
2007 Canadian Reunion Run Saturday December 1, 10:00

Hi all,

There is a long tradition, I am told, going back to the days of the old Las Vegas Marathon, for Canadians to gather on the Saturday near the lions at the MGM Grand, to chat for a while, sing our anthem, and then go for a little run.

This year the gathering will start at 10:00 and the run will start a while after that (some people are flying in at 9:30 and rushing to the event).

Last year the route was along LV Blvd, into the MB parking lot and then to the finish line. Maybe it will be the same this year depending on the wishes of the participants. One of the group pictures was included in an issue of Running Room's magazine, thanks to Kevin.

All are welcome.

<----- Running in Edmonton at -22C / 7F
10-25-2007 08:24 AM
Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author
LR_Canuck
Posting Freak Wannabe

RE: 2007 Canadian Reunion Run Saturday December 1, 10:00

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for getting the ball rolling on the Friendship run. I will help spread the word to the Manitobans coming out for the race.

I think it would be a good idea to also post the message on the Running Room forum.

10-26-2007 04:17 AM
Send the author an email Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author
Daniel M
Posting Freak Wannabe

RE:2007 Canadian Reunion Run Saturday December 1, 10:00

Thanks for the suggestion Leyton. Hopefully they don't delete it for having links to other boards.

link to post at RR Forum

LR_Canuck Wrote:

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for getting the ball rolling on the Friendship run. I will help spread the word to the Manitobans coming out for the race.

I think it would be a good idea to also post the message on the Running Room forum.

10-26-2007 06:56 AM
hammergirl
Posting Freak Wannabe

Unfortunately THIS Canadian won't be there ... her DS and DH are doing the Santa Run ... also at 10 a.m.

10-27-2007 03:00 AM
Send the author an email Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author
PowBu

Hi, I'm the new kid on the block, although I'm probably older than most people on this board. I just decided to run LVM this week, so I have a lot of catching up to do. I'll try to go over as many messages as possible, but will appreciate advice on where to start and what threads I should read first.

Just a little bit about myself: I live in Toronto (Thornhill to be exact) and this will be 21st marathon, and 6th this year.

Cheers.

11-17-2007 05:49 AM
Daniel M
Posting Freak Wannabe

Let me be the first to welcome you to the board and to the LVM. Most of us are pretty old too, we just choose to use our highschool pictures as our avatars.

As for which threads to read, all of them unless they contain the word "contest" or multiple exclamation marks in the thread name.

This post was last modified: 11-17-2007 05:55 AM by Daniel M.

11-17-2007 05:53 AM
We're Tri-ing
Posting Freak Wannabe

RE:2007 Canadian Reunion Run Saturday December 1, 10:00

PowBu Wrote:

Hi, I'm the new kid on the block, although I'm probably older than most people on this board.I just decided to run LVM this week, so I have a lot of catching up to do.I'll try to go over as many messages as possible, but will appreciate advice on where to start and what threads I should read first.

Just a little bit about myself:I live in Toronto (Thornhill to be exact) and this will be 21st marathon, and 6th this year.

Cheers.

Welcome to the board PowBu! I'm originally from Toronto and wasn't too far from Thornhill. Good luck at the marathon this year and hopefully will get a chance to say hello!

Donna:welcome:

11-17-2007 05:59 AM
Kamloops Kid

:seeya:Welcome aboard. WOW, you have had a very full year. Good luck at NLVM and as far as everyone is concerned... every single post is informative and very important.

11-17-2007 06:03 AM
PowBu

Thanks for the warm welcome. I'm impressed by the wealth of information, knowledge and experience on this board. You guys seem like a real fun and slightly crazy bunch as well. It would be great to meet some of you down in LV.

11-17-2007 07:40 AM
Ramrod
Posting Freak Wannabe

I'm older than dirt.Thanks for reminding me.I'm the American version of a Canadian,so I will be at the Canadian run.Maybe Daniel and I will get a slice after.You never know.

<---- These shirts now available. Not.
11-17-2007 12:09 PM
Pages (5): « First [1] 2 3 4 5 » Last »

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites
Rate This Thread: