Pages (5): « First « 1 [2] 3 4 5 » Last »

2007 Canadian Reunion Run Saturday December 1, 10:00
PowBu

Group: Registered
RE:  2007 Canadian Reunion Run Saturday December 1, 10:00

Ramrod Wrote:

I'm older than dirt.Thanks for reminding me.I'm the American version of a Canadian,so I will be at the Canadian run.Maybe Daniel and I will get a slice after.You never know.

Greetings.  I'm also old as dirt and not much more Canadian than you are.  I grew up in PA (Nittany Lions fan), don't drink beer, can't stand the cold, can't skate, love American football and the NFL, love and play baseball and know almost nothing about hockey.  My 8 year old son is playing hockey and knows the game way more than I do.  I should be ashamed to be a Canadian....so I can't show my face at the Canadian run.  

Hope to see you guys at the race and/or after.

I run because I can....and for those who can't.

http://www.athlinks.com//racer/29487611/Jason-Tung.aspx

This post was last modified: 11-17-2007 02:18 PM by PowBu.

11-17-2007 02:16 PM
Send the author an email Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author
Daniel M
Posting Freak Wannabe

We will get the first 2 slices of the day Brother. The guy who doesn't watch TV and the guy who doesn't read, together for the first time. Here's a preview of our conversation:

Ramrod: "have you read that new.."
Daniel: (interrupting) "nope"
(pause for chewing)
Daniel: "did you see that episode of.."
Ramrod (interrupting) "nope"
(pause for chewing)
Daniel: "how about them Redwings"
Both: "yeahhhhh"

Ramrod Wrote:

I'm older than dirt.Thanks for reminding me.I'm the American version of a Canadian,so I will be at the Canadian run.Maybe Daniel and I will get a slice after.You never know.

<----- Running in Edmonton at -22°C / 7°F

This post was last modified: 11-17-2007 05:05 PM by Daniel M.

11-17-2007 05:04 PM
Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author
CanadianBeancounter
Posting Freak Wannabe

PowBu Wrote:

Hi, I'm the new kid on the block, although I'm probably older than most people on this board. I just decided to run LVM this week, so I have a lot of catching up to do. I'll try to go over as many messages as possible, but will appreciate advice on where to start and what threads I should read first.

Just a little bit about myself: I live in Toronto (Thornhill to be exact) and this will be 21st marathon, and 6th this year.

Cheers.

Welcome aboard PowBu. I'm from London Ont. I'm old too. But contrary to what certain people will say, I am NOT: cranky, stubborn, loud, opinionated or nasty.

Unless provoked. :HappyDance2:

Cathy, aka CBC

11-18-2007 11:18 AM
Daniel M
Posting Freak Wannabe

RE:   2007 Canadian Reunion Run Saturday December 1, 10:00

CanadianBeancounter Wrote:

PowBu Wrote:

Hi, I'm the new kid on the block, although I'm probably older than most people on this board.  I just decided to run LVM this week, so I have a lot of catching up to do.  I'll try to go over as many messages as possible, but will appreciate advice on where to start and what threads I should read first.

Just a little bit about myself:  I live in Toronto (Thornhill to be exact) and this will be 21st marathon, and 6th this year.

Cheers.

Welcome aboard PowBu.  I'm from London Ont.  I'm old too.  But contrary to what certain people will say, I am NOT: cranky, stubborn, loud, opinionated or nasty.

Unless provoked. :HappyDance2:

Cathy, aka CBC

And Cathy can't be with us in Vegas this year. The 905 area code is severly underrepresented at the Canadians run. (Though it is overrepresented in the House of Commons, Senate and the media) Come on PowBu, join us.

<----- Running in Edmonton at -22°C / 7°F
11-18-2007 11:41 AM
PowBu

RE:    2007 Canadian Reunion Run Saturday December 1, 10:00

Daniel M Wrote:

....And Cathy can't be with us in Vegas this year. The 905 area code is severly underrepresented at the Canadians run. (Though it is overrepresented in the House of Commons, Senate and the media) Come on PowBu, join us.

Thank you, CBC and Daniel. I'd be more than happy to help boost the 905 representation. It is too bad for me that I will be flying in so late (Sat. evening) and leaving Sun. night, It would be nice to have more time to meet up with some of you. Perhaps after the race.

11-18-2007 01:59 PM
Send the author an email Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author
kra-z runner
Posting Freak Wannabe

RE: 2007 Canadian Reunion Run Saturday December 1, 10:00

I am not Canadian but noticed we have a new member. Welcome PowBu. What does your name mean?

11-19-2007 07:36 AM
PowBu

kra-z runner Wrote:

I am not Canadian but noticed we have a new member.  Welcome PowBu.  What does your name mean?

I'm Chinese and speaks a little bit of Mandarin and Cantonese, good enough for ordering dim sum and not much else. "Powbu" has no meaning - just a word that I made up which phonetically in English sounds similar to the words "to run" in Mandarin. However, without the correct intonation, powbu could mean something entirely different in Chinese.

11-19-2007 08:45 AM
lvrunner

RE:   2007 Canadian Reunion Run Saturday December 1, 10:00

Hi PowBu,

Welcome to the board!  :byebye:

PowBu =  跑步 :D

I am old too!  We moved here from Edmonton.  Like kra-z said, I speak Cantonese but not one word of Mandarin.  I have one sister lives in Scarborough and one lives in Richmond Hill (Rich Man Hill :laugh: ).  They both think the dim sum here taste better than Toronto.  I am on the injured list and won't be doing any real running for awhile.  Hope you enjoy your stay in LV.

- David

Oh ~  I love hockey and football (Canadian style).  I loved baseball when the BlueJays won the world series.  I am a die hard Oilers and Eskimos fan!  :thumbup:

PowBu Wrote:

kra-z runner Wrote:

I am not Canadian but noticed we have a new member.  Welcome PowBu.  What does your name mean?

I'm Chinese and speaks a little bit of Mandarin and Cantonese, good enough for ordering dim sum and not much else.  "Powbu" has no meaning - just a word that I made up which phonetically in English sounds similar to the words "to run" in Mandarin.  However, without the correct intonation, powbu could mean something entirely different in Chinese.

This post was last modified: 11-20-2007 07:32 AM by lvrunner.

11-19-2007 04:34 PM
Jeff
Posting Freak Wannabe

Welcome to the group Pow Bu careful once the board gets its hands on you you can't leave

I am not Canadian,
Used to love and play hockey
I may not be old yet, but I feel like I am when I wake up

I will be at the run again this year with my hat

11-20-2007 06:32 AM
hammergirl
Posting Freak Wannabe

Hey Pow Bu ... I am not old (tho' at 44 some might say I am) I am in the 905 in Hamilton and I will be at the race this year. I LOVE CFL football not NFL (which stands for No Fun Leage :P), hockey is okay but we don't really watch it ...

And this board is full of knowledge AND insanity ... AND be warned ... it can be addictive ... we tried to start a support group for LVM Message Board addicts but posting on 2 boards was just too hard :P :P

We are a crazy, fun loving bunch ... so welcome!

11-20-2007 07:01 AM
Pages (5): « First « 1 [2] 3 4 5 » Last »

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites
Rate This Thread: