Pages (5): « First « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » Last »

2007 Canadian Reunion Run Saturday December 1, 10:00
LR_Canuck
Posting Freak Wannabe

Group: Registered
RE: 2007 Canadian Reunion Run Saturday December 1, 10:00

Welcome on board PowBu,

I am another one of the Canadian member here. I'm from Manitoba, which is also under represented. Looking forward to meeting you after the race.

11-20-2007 11:44 AM
Send the author an email Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author
Ramrod
Posting Freak Wannabe

RE:   2007 Canadian Reunion Run Saturday December 1, 10:00

[quote=Daniel M]
We will get the first 2 slices of the day Brother. The guy who doesn't watch TV and the guy who doesn't read, together for the first time. Here's a preview of our conversation:

Ramrod: "have you read that new.."
Daniel: (interrupting) "nope"
(pause for chewing)
Daniel: "did you see that episode of.."
Ramrod (interrupting) "nope"
(pause for chewing)
Daniel: "how about them Redwings"
Both: "yeahhhhh"

Problem with this scenario is I don't follow the Wings either,ever since big bad Bob Probert shipped out.I AM in for a slice though.I wish pizza was on the menu for the party.It's what I eat before ALL of my long runs.Deena Castor has it for a pre race meal too!

<---- These shirts now available. Not.
11-20-2007 08:22 PM
Send the author an email Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author
Some call me...Bill
Posting Freak Wannabe

Hey, I just noticed this run is at 10:00. For some reason I thought it was at 9:00. I might be able to make it after all; just depends on whether my posse is gonna do a big breakfast or do their own thing.

I'm from the far southwest corner of Canada. San Diego. We don't hear much French here. At least I don't think it's French they are speaking.

11-22-2007 09:14 AM
Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author
PowBu

RE:   2007 Canadian Reunion Run Saturday December 1, 10:00

CanadianBeancounter Wrote:

Welcome aboard PowBu.  I'm from London Ont.  I'm old too.  But contrary to what certain people will say, I am NOT: cranky, stubborn, loud, opinionated or nasty.

Hello CBC, what a great run! You folks from London are great runners. Being cranky, stubborn....etc probably didn't hurt your performance at Philly. Congratulations!

I run because I can....and for those who can't.

http://www.athlinks.com//racer/29487611/Jason-Tung.aspx
11-22-2007 11:21 AM
PowBu

RE:  2007 Canadian Reunion Run Saturday December 1, 10:00

hammergirl Wrote:
....And this board is full of knowledge AND insanity ... AND be warned ... it can be addictive ... we tried to start a support group for LVM Message Board addicts but posting on 2 boards was just too hard :P :P

We are a crazy, fun loving bunch ... so welcome!

Thanks HG, for the warning. Too late, my wife and kids are saying that I'm already addicted to this board.

I noticed you've had a busy racing season this year. I ran many of the same races you did, although I skipped ATM - too many horrible past experiences.

Good luck with LV. Maybe I'll see you at the finish.

11-22-2007 11:34 AM
PowBu

Thank you all again for the warm welcome. I look forward to running the marathon in 10 days and meeting some of you there.

Since this is my first LVM, perhaps some of you could describe briefly what the race is like in terms of the course and organization. I read a lot of horror stories from last year's race, but it appears many are hopeful that lessons have been learned and positive changes will be implemented. I guess we'll find out.

11-22-2007 01:01 PM
hammergirl
Posting Freak Wannabe

Hey Powbu ... there's a couple of threads on that topic ... SurfCityUSA's post with the link from coolrunning is very good.  The link outlines the issues and what is being done about htem. SurfCity Post

As for missing ATB - horrible experiences?  Not with the MOUNTAIN at 26K?!?!?  It's my hometown race so I do it every year ... and that hill NEVER gets easier!  

You look like a speedster ... I'm a back 'o' the packer ... but I get there.

Cheers

This post was last modified: 11-23-2007 06:49 AM by hammergirl.

11-23-2007 06:45 AM
Phoebe

Hi Powbu!

And Bill, it would be great to have you at the run!

11-23-2007 11:36 AM
PowBu

hammergirl Wrote:

Hey Powbu ... there's a couple of threads on that topic ... SurfCityUSA's post with the link from coolrunning is very good.  The link outlines the issues and what is being done about htem.  SurfCity Post

As for missing ATB - horrible experiences?  Not with the MOUNTAIN at 26K?!?!?  It's my hometown race so I do it every year ... and that hill NEVER gets easier!  

You look like a speedster ... I'm a back 'o' the packer ... but I get there.

Cheers

Hi HG, thanks for the link - a good article indeed.

Speedster? Far from it. These days, I slug and stagger my way to the finish line in most marathons. I do consistently run too fast in the first 20K of ATB and then burn out in the last 10, and thus part of the reasons for my "horrible experiences". I guess the weather had always been miserable when I ran it that I just wanted to get it over with as quickly as possible. The monster hill at 26K was never a problem. It was instead those annoying rollers in Burlington that I found tough to get through.

First snow storm of the year and I already have enough. Can't wait to get to LV.

11-23-2007 02:09 PM
Some call me...Bill
Posting Freak Wannabe

Phoebe Wrote:

Hi Powbu!

And Bill, it would be great to have you at the run!

I'm thinking about it. Is this really a run, though? Or do we just lip-sync something in French and then throw extremely large gloves at each other?

11-23-2007 04:42 PM
Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author
Pages (5): « First « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » Last »

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites
Rate This Thread: