Checked out Dicks Last resort
SLW085
Posting Freak Wannabe

Group: Registered
Checked out Dicks Last resort

OK stopped on my way to dinner at Bootleggers.

If we want a place where anything goes - Angie - you can blow your gas here - It's a party place - they staff is rude but friendly - there is napkins all over the floor - feel free to wad up napkins and throw them at who ever, including bar staff. It is a big place. Normal menu for the hungry folks. 16oz draft beers run about $6. Domestic bottled beers about $5, numerous foreign bottled beers - $6 -7. Hey Canadian folks they have Molson Ice - Whooohooo! Had to have one - have never seen that anywhere in Vegas. I was in heaven.
There are bras hanging around the bar, apparently donated by the intoxicated and some boxers too.
I inquired about us invading the joint and got a name and number as they will rent an area for groups, but we are not looking for that.
I can call, but I think we could just head in there and take over bar, table area and have fun.

Red Rock Canyon
11-07-2007 03:09 PM
Send the author an email Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author
Daniel M
Posting Freak Wannabe

RE: Checked out Dicks Last resort

It sounds like it would work. Thanks for the on-the-ground report. Some people expressed some nostalgic feelings about keeping it somewhere at MB, but at this point we don't have confirmation of a suitable spot. Anywhere in LV is going to have a bit of smoke, but the cigar bar at MB sounds one step worse.

Angie, with all of the input so far are you able to call this one?

<----- Running in Edmonton at -22°C / 7°F
11-08-2007 02:58 AM
Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author
RunnerAngie
Posting SuperFreak

I am leaning towards this one. Let me get a thread up with the info on both places and then maybe we can vote. I just can't deal with Cigar smoke.

11-08-2007 06:30 AM
Send the author an email Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author
SLW085
Posting Freak Wannabe

This is a place that serves food - so there should be no smoking here. At least I didn't see anyone smoking.

Red Rock Canyon
11-08-2007 01:36 PM
Daniel M
Posting Freak Wannabe

RE:  Checked out Dicks Last resort

Food is good. That was a weak point with the Island Bar... no food. The closest place was the snack bar at the Sportsbet, and it was lame. The closest restaurants in MB were all lined up outside their doors, and the food court outlets were all closed. I'm worried that the party will fizzle out at Jpop for lack of food. I will cross-post this over on the voting thread for what it's worth (I think most people are voting for the place closest to their hotel room)

SLW085 Wrote:

This is a place that serves food - so there should be no smoking here.  At least I didn't see anyone smoking.

<----- Running in Edmonton at -22°C / 7°F
11-08-2007 01:44 PM
Park City Runner

I be glad to meet anywhere, but I would not mind being somewhere I can stay in touch with NFL Football.

11-08-2007 01:59 PM
lefty_flash

If Dicks is anything like the one in Chicago, it's could be a real hoot (they make awesome funny hats) but anywhere will work for *this* crowd!

<--- My 2005 Finisher Photo
11-30-2007 04:19 PM

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites
Rate This Thread: