Post Reply  Post Thread 

How to share photos on the board....
wazzuguy

Group: Registered
How to share photos on the board....

So I know that I want to see everyone's race photos, I'm guessing others here do to, so I thought I would throw up this post

I thought I would throw this in a new thread, I've edited my post in the Sedona Marathon thread as those instructions were good for how imageshack.us used to work (I haven't used them in a while), but they have made it even easier for people to share photos by pasting them inline (like I did in my Death Valley Report).

(you can of course always attach them to your post as the mods have set unlimited attachments for the time being, woot! Smile ).

But here is one way you can imbed photos in very detailed steps, it's actually only takes a few seconds, but here are very specific stepsSmile

step 1 - goto www.imageshack.us

step 2 - in the "upload" field, the file radio button is already selected for us, so we can click on the "browse" button to the right and find our photo
on our harddrive and click OK

step 3 - type in your email address

step 4 - click HOST IT!

step 5 - you have to wait for the photo to upload, it might take a moment depending on your connection speed

step 6 - once the upload is done, you are shown the photo with a whole bunch of links below it, the text we want to copy is titled: "Hotlink for forums (1)"

step 7 - copy everthing under this field

step 8 - goto our messageboard and edit your original post or reply to it and paste this text directly in your post. No need for clicking the photo button, imageshack has already but in the necessary code for you (it probably looks like [ IMG ] )

step 9 - save/submit your post and it should show up now

step 10 - if not, make sure you copied and pasted all the text from the "Hotlink for forums (1)" field, and if it still doesn't work, try using the text/link under "Hotlink for forums (2)", it all depends on how our messageboard is setup.

Again, there are a bunch of online options for photos, this is just a really quick and dirty way to allow inline posting....

for inline posting of photos in your posts
, I'd recommend something like www.imageshack.us

for online storage/sharing with friends and family, I'd recommend something like Google's free picasaweb http://picasaweb.google.com/ or yahoophotos

and for quick and dirty posting of just a couple pics, you can always attach them to your post Smile

My apologies again on the initial incorrect information!

Upcoming Runs
???

<-------- Finishing the Great Wall of China Marathon for the second time Wheeee!

This post was last modified: 02-14-2007 12:49 PM by wazzuguy.

02-14-2007 12:48 PM
Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply
RunnerAngie
Posting SuperFreak

RE: How to share photos on the board....

Thanks Wazzu~

I put a sticky on this thread so we always have the instructions on hand! Hope that was OK!!!!

Ang

02-14-2007 01:02 PM
Send the author an email Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply
Park City Runner
Unregistered

Group: N/A

Wazzuguy, he is the man!

We spent 3 days figuring this out, and I just posted my pictures on the Sedona Marathon thread! Make sure you check it out!

02-14-2007 03:29 PM
Quote this message in a reply
Swing Ma

Cool, Wazzu! Easy.

Rocky and friends in the City of Brotherly Love.
Youse got a problem wid that?
Pete

02-15-2007 11:37 AM
Send the author an email Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply
Oaks
Unregistered

Group: N/A
RE:  How to share photos on the board....

Swing Ma Wrote:

Cool, Wazzu! Easy.

Rocky and friends in the City of Brotherly Love.
Youse got a problem wid that?
Pete

Damn Pete, nice six pack you have going there, although it seems a little out of place with the oxygen tank.

David thanks for the tips on posting photos.  For those that have a Yahoo account, you can also use Flickr.com
1) Go to www.flickr.com

2) Login with your Yahoo account and create an account name

2) Browse for you photo and click upload once done.

3) Once uploaded you can add descriptions to the file and save.

4) Now view your files and you should see all of your images.

5) Click on the image you want to add to the board.

6) Right mouse click on the image to get the properties. Highlight the target, right mouse click and say copy.

7) Go to the board type your message, and click on the little icon that looks like a mountain and sun.

8) Hit CTRL V to paste the link. Or right mouse click and click paste.

Flickr is a cool program because you can organize your photos by albums and have others view them in slide shows.  There is also a utility that you can download so you can drag an drop photos from your desktop right to your flickr account.  

Once you have an account setup up it is a piece of cake and really just take 3 steps to do.  Anyway its another option.

02-15-2007 12:51 PM
Quote this message in a reply
wazzuguy

Good call Oaks, Flickr is very cool, great for offsite archiving too...

(a reminder that when you upload on Flickr if you don't set it to private, everyone can see it :) )

Upcoming Runs
???

<-------- Finishing the Great Wall of China Marathon for the second time Wheeee!

02-15-2007 05:00 PM
Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply
Prince George old guy

Youse guys are a great help. so how do I load a better picture to my avatar? I know there must be a better way ( I can see others) to put up a larger file but I am at a loss as to find a way.

"ABILITY IS WHAT YOU ARE CAPABLE OF DOING. MOTIVATION DETERMINES WHAT YOU DO. ATTITUDE DETERMINES HOW WELL YOU DO IT" Lou Holtz
07-25-2007 03:49 AM
CPAK
Posting Freak Wannabe

RE:  How to share photos on the board....

Prince George old guy Wrote:

Youse guys are a great help. so how do I load a better picture to my avatar? I know there must be a better way ( I can see others) to put up a larger file but I am at a loss as to find a way.

PGOG

Do you have:

MicroSoft Office Picture Manager(Part of your Miscroft Office) ?

James

Here's a copy of a post that Ginger26.2 used to resize an image:

CanadianBeancounter Wrote:

Can anybody remind me where were the instructions on resizing a picture so that you can upload it as a new avatar??? Thanks.

CBC,

If you are running Microsoft Office Works in the Office Tools, you should have a photo manager. I'm running 2003 and it's called" Microsoft Office Picture Manager". It's easy to do just resize(under edit option) the image to 400X400.

James

<------ Franenthon 2011

JUST KEEP RUNNING

This post was last modified: 07-25-2007 07:19 AM by CPAK.

07-25-2007 07:09 AM
Send the author an email Send the author a private message Visit authors website Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply

Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites
Rate This Thread: