Pages (6): « First « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 » Last » Thread Closed  Post Thread 

The Yearbook is done! Ordering time!
RunnerAngie
Posting SuperFreak

Group: Registered
RE: The Yearbook is done! Ordering time!

I got mine today. It's fabulous!!!!

01-16-2010 06:26 AM
Send the author an email Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author
mjsull

Easier way to order the yearbook

I just created a shared site off of Shelley's Shutterfly site that makes it easier to browse and order the yearbook. You'll see "Order Photo Book" toward the bottom left of the screen.

Just go to http://lvm21yearbook.shutterfly.com/ The password is "elvis". You don't need to join Shutterfly to browse the yearbook. If you want to order one you need to be a member or signup as part of the ordering process.

You can still order the book as originally described by Shelley if you prefer that way.

Enjoy!

Michael
61 years young and still going strong!
Henderson, NV
01-16-2010 06:40 AM
Send the author an email Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author
CPAK
Posting Freak Wannabe

Got mine today some what disappointed! I thought our BQ times were gonna be included along with special pictures of the BQ races. We were asked for this info and pictures - did I miss the post that advised us the plans have changed before we ordered? If yes, forgive my post. I purchased two, as I was going to give each of my sons one as a keepsake of my racing.

I don't run things here, and I don't want to. But, if things are sold on one set of facts and the facts are changed behind the scene and no one is told about it - that's not the way to do things!

CPAK

<------ Franenthon 2011

JUST KEEP RUNNING

This post was last modified: 01-17-2010 12:47 PM by CPAK.

01-17-2010 12:45 PM
Send the author an email Send the author a private message Visit authors website Find all posts by this author
RunnerAngie
Posting SuperFreak

James, yes things were changed "behind the scenes" and it wasn't announced. Someone (many actually) felt that by singleing out those who qualified for Boston and giving them a special section that it might dimish the accomplishments of others. There is an over abundance of praise and drooling over these fantastic feats here. You can all bask in your moment of glory at the event and when you report it to us. We love it, we support it etc. To diminish anyones accomplishments wasn't the point of leaving it out.

This club is about "US",  not just some. We could have done a special section on Boston, those who did IronMan's, those who ran their first marathons, those who DNF'd each year.....it could on and on. But it's about the group as a whole and being together, at races, at other locations, where ever. So there are pictures of all these things people did but not specific mention of them.  We know what you did, we know what you did. If you bought the book for that sole purpose I'm sorry we ruined it for you. It's still a great book full of great memories, great runs, awful runs and family.

This post was last modified: 01-18-2010 01:08 AM by RunnerAngie.

01-18-2010 12:41 AM
Shy Flirt
Posting Freak

RE:  The Yearbook is done! Ordering time!

RunnerAngie Wrote:

This club is about "US",  not just some.

Thanks Ang! That is one of the biggest reasons I like this club over my local running groups. It's not about the fastest runners. It's about all of us. We cheer on everyone! From people who running their first half marathons, to people who set new PBs, to people who BQ, to people who complete Ironmans etc. Everyone, fast or slow. Damn it, I feel a CK moment coming on. LOL!

p.s. I love my yearbook! Great work Shelley!

Fitness For Sports
My Bikes
Low Fat Diet & Recipes
01-18-2010 12:53 AM
Send the author a private message Visit authors website Find all posts by this author
Lesley
Runner Formerly Known as Posting Freak Wannabe

James, there were several initial suggestions of what special highlights should be included in the book such as BQ's, Ironmans, ultras, and first marathons, which is why everyone was asked for all their pictures at the start of this project. As Angie said, it was finally decided---for several reasons--- that this was a yearbook to highlight the club and our time spent together. So, by eliminating these other accomplishments, it made the book more inclusive, not exclusive. That is one of the of the themes of this club.

Even if certain photos were to be included, there was no guarantee of whose photos or how many of them (we have people here who've run Boston a lot more than once) would be there, so it's intention was never to highlight a certain person's running career, or what they believed to be the culmination of that career. I'm sorry if this was disappointing to you.

Shelley worked extremely hard on this book, and I know after seeing it and all the photos, I couldn't have asked for a better reflection of this club. In fact, after seeing this book I opened my own account and started putting together a book of my own. Maybe that's something you could do, too.

CPAK Wrote:

Got mine today some what disappointed! I thought our BQ times were gonna be included along with special pictures of the BQ races. We were asked for this info and pictures - did I miss the post that advised us the plans have changed before we ordered? If yes, forgive my post. I purchased two, as I was going to give each of my sons one as a keepsake of my racing.

I don't run things here, and I don't want to. But, if things are sold on one set of facts and the facts are changed behind the scene and no one is told about it - that's not the way to do things!

CPAK

May the course be with you.
01-18-2010 01:06 AM
Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author
Lesley

RE:   The Yearbook is done! Ordering time!

Shy Flirt Wrote:

I feel a CK moment coming on. LOL!

Ha! Who'd have ever guessed?! :)

01-18-2010 01:08 AM
CPAK
Posting Freak Wannabe

RunnerAngie Wrote:

James, yes things were changed "behind the scenes" and it wasn't announced. Someone felt that by singleing out those who qualified for Boston and giving them a special section that it might dimish the accomplishments of others. There is an over abundance of praise and drooling over these fantastic feats here. You can all bask in your moment of glory at the event and when you report it to us. We love it, we support it etc. To diminish anyones accomplishments wasn't the point of leaving it out.

This club is about "US",  not just some. We could have done a special section on Boston, those who did IronMan's, those who ran their first marathons, those who DNF'd each year.....it could on and on. But it's about the group as a whole and being together, at races, at other locations, where ever. So there are pictures of all these things people did but not specific mention of them.  We know what you did, you know what you did. If you bought the book for that sole purpose I'm sorry we ruined it for you. It's still a great book full of great memories, great runs, awful runs and family.

You didn't get my post, I don't give a rat's *** would you decide to put in or out - just tell people what u are going to do. Were talking about spending money on a misrepresented product - it's great for the club. I would have bought one just for me.

What was the thinking behind not telling people what you were going to do? I don't get that at all. I guess the people who make the decisions  feel like the rest of us got to suck it up or leave. This club should be about all of us, not just a few who make the decisions and feel a certain way!!

CPAK

PS And my posts are not meant in any way to take away from the hard work hard work that Shelley did on this project great job and effort.

But, I hate secrets - if you don't think you can't post something here that could effect all of us, maybe you shouldn't do it.

And we are not an "IRONMAN" club we are a running club. Or has that changed too?

<------ Franenthon 2011

JUST KEEP RUNNING

This post was last modified: 01-18-2010 01:18 AM by CPAK.

01-18-2010 01:10 AM
Send the author an email Send the author a private message Visit authors website Find all posts by this author
Lesley

James, there were SEVERAL suggested topics to highlight at the start of the creation of this book, and they were eventually ruled out for reasons such as cost, time, and equality as well. It wasn't personal, and no one was trying to pull one over on anyone. There was never a list of things that were guaranteed to be in the book, only suggestions and ideas. I understand where you're coming from, but it is a misunderstanding, not a misrepresentation.

This post was last modified: 01-18-2010 01:17 AM by Lesley.

01-18-2010 01:15 AM
Lesley

In fact, would you like to sell me one of your books? I don't have one yet, so I'll take one of yours if that'll help.

01-18-2010 01:19 AM
Pages (6): « First « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 » Last »

Thread Closed  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites
Rate This Thread: