Pages (19): « First « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 » Last » Post Reply  Post Thread 

New & improved age group Standings
SLW085
Posting Freak Wannabe

Group: Registered
RE: New & improved age group Standings

Is this for just the past year? Right now, my best half would be Vegas 1:59:02 age 43. I'm working at getting a better time. Next 1/2 - Red Rock. Of course I'm running the Ragnar in AZ the weekend before.

Red Rock Canyon
01-21-2010 02:35 PM
Send the author an email Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply
RunnerAngie
Posting SuperFreak

RE: New & improved age group Standings

Sandy~ it's for the past 5 year.....as long as the LVM has been around.

01-21-2010 11:24 PM
Send the author an email Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply
Ramrod
Posting Freak Wannabe

RE:  New & improved age group Standings

MichaelMc Wrote:

Hey, I dug out an official Half result: last year's Hypothermic Half Marathon March 1st 1:29:47 (age 46). Not sure if I'll be able to top that in this year's Hypo, but we'll see.

Sorry DicKieV :byebye:
I withdraw my time in the half....put Dickie back up there Jerry. He deserves it. Besides, I was really 5 when I ran that half,not 47.

<---- These shirts now available. Not.
01-22-2010 05:59 AM
SLW085
Posting Freak Wannabe

RE: New &amp; improved age group Standings

Ok - well then it would be 1:55:07 for the 1/2 - age 41.

Red Rock Canyon
01-22-2010 07:17 AM
CanadianBeancounter
Posting Freak Wannabe

RE:   New &amp; improved age group Standings

Ramrod Wrote:

MichaelMc Wrote:

Hey, I dug out an official Half result: last year's Hypothermic Half Marathon March 1st 1:29:47 (age 46). Not sure if I'll be able to top that in this year's Hypo, but we'll see.

I withdraw my time in the half....put Dickie back up there Jerry. He deserves it. Besides, I was really 5 when I ran that half,not 47.

Hey.... I just noticed something.... if you throw out genders for the half marathon rankings..... Donna would move into 2nd place for the men's 40-44 and I would move into 3rd place for the men's 45-49  :)

(yes, I am a BEEYOTCH..... taking pleasure in chicking a dear friend...... howz ya like that Mr. Ramrod????)

This post was last modified: 01-22-2010 01:15 PM by CanadianBeancounter.

01-22-2010 01:14 PM
Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply
fimfam
Posting Freak Wannabe

RE:  New &amp; improved age group Standings

Some call me...Bill Wrote:

Here's a thought...

Is there any reason why you only show 3 names per category and not just all of them?  Might make it more fun to know "I just need to trim 3 minutes off my time to knock so-and-so down from 6th to 7th" (assuming so-and-so doesn't up the bar).  Not sure if the lists would be too big; just wondering...

Bill I've got everyones PB listed in a spreadsheet and it would be no problem including everyone in the standings. I just wasn't sure how some people might take showing up last in their age groupd list. I was one of those who was always picked last when choosing up sides for teams. Maybe I'm too sensative.

It seems like most people are getting a kick out this thread. I meant it to be fun. If on one takes the competitiveness seriously I'll go ahead and do it. Like I stated in the original thread. If any one has any objections let know what they are, please. If this helps motivate some some people it would be worth it.

Ramrod your heart is in the right place I'm sure, but I think Dickie would prefer it the way it is. When Dickie get over his PF and makes his comeback watch out.

have road will run

01-22-2010 02:11 PM
Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply
Randy
Posting Freak Wannabe

RE: New &amp; improved age group Standings

Post mine Jerry, any competiveness I had has been burned away over the last few years. I've finished next to last, finished behind people old enough to be my parents, and a variety of others. I'm only embarrassed when I let myself down, and some of my best races were the slowest times.

My last place award with Age Group award

Next: Nov 22 Tulsa, Dec. 13 Tulsa double half, January
Waco 50K

01-22-2010 03:02 PM
DickieV
Posting Freak Wannabe

Ramrod Wrote:

MichaelMc Wrote:

I'll earn it back myself thank you very much, I have plans of much faster half times than that down the road a little. (once my PF is gone)

Chef for kids 5k
01-22-2010 04:19 PM
Slowpole
Posting Freak Wannabe

fimfam Wrote:

Some call me...Bill Wrote:

Here's a thought...

Is there any reason why you only show 3 names per category and not just all of them?  Might make it more fun to know "I just need to trim 3 minutes off my time to knock so-and-so down from 6th to 7th" (assuming so-and-so doesn't up the bar).  Not sure if the lists would be too big; just wondering...

Bill I've got everyones PB listed in a spreadsheet and it would be no problem including everyone in the standings.  I just wasn't sure how some people might take showing up last in their age groupd list.  I was one of those who was always picked last when choosing up sides for teams.  Maybe I'm too sensative.

It seems like most people are getting a kick out this thread.  I meant it to be fun. If on one takes the competitiveness seriously I'll go ahead and do it.  Like I stated in the original thread.  If any one has any objections let know what they are, please.   If this helps motivate some some people it would be worth it.

Ramrod your heart is in the right place I'm sure, but I think Dickie would prefer it the way it is. When Dickie get over his PF and makes his comeback watch out.

Anyone running a marathon or half marathon should not be embarrassed at all no matter what the time. There are so many out there that don't try, so anyone that tries and finishes should be filled with pride!

Slowpole events into the future:

Marathons: Mardi Gras 2/24/13, Colorado 5/13/13?, LVM 11/17/13

Tri's:  Leon's World Fastest Tri Olympic 6/2/13?, Beach 2 Battleship Ironman 10/26/13
01-23-2010 02:08 AM
Prncssrnnr
Posting Freak Wannabe

RE:    New &amp; improved age group Standings

Slowpole Wrote:

Anyone running a marathon or half marathon should not be embarrassed at all no matter what the time. There are so many out there that don't try, so anyone that tries and finishes should be filled with pride!

AMEN!

Life is good!
01-23-2010 02:45 AM
Pages (19): « First « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 » Last »

Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites
Rate This Thread: