Pages (19): « First « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 » Last » Post Reply  Post Thread 

New & improved age group Standings
Iniquity

Group: Registered
RE: New & improved age group Standings

Princess, I am so sorry to dethrone you, but here it goes:
Las Vegas Half Marathon 2009, 1:57:38   Age 40
Marathon portion of Rock-n-Roll AZ 2010, 4:14:49  Age 41

This is exciting. I agree with Angie of watching people progress and improve throughout the years; it helps keep me motivated and on task. Hope my times stick for at least a weekendYikes

This post was last modified: 01-23-2010 02:59 AM by Iniquity.

01-23-2010 02:57 AM
Send the author an email Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply
CanadianBeancounter
Posting Freak Wannabe

RE:     New & improved age group Standings

Prncssrnnr Wrote:

Slowpole Wrote:

Anyone running a marathon or half marathon should not be embarrassed at all no matter what the time. There are so many out there that don't try, so anyone that tries and finishes should be filled with pride!

AMEN!

Absolutely.... try googling how many people of your gender and your age that there are in the world and then think about how you placed. (ok, take out the ones living in extreme poverty who don't give FARK about running, just surviving).

What was the stat.... that only 0.005 % of people on the planet have ever run a marathon? Something crazy like that.

01-23-2010 07:35 AM
Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply
lkc73
Posting Freak Wannabe

RE:      New & improved age group Standings

CanadianBeancounter Wrote:

Prncssrnnr Wrote:

Slowpole Wrote:

Anyone running a marathon or half marathon should not be embarrassed at all no matter what the time. There are so many out there that don't try, so anyone that tries and finishes should be filled with pride!

AMEN!

Absolutely.... try googling how many people of your gender and your age that there are in the world and then think about how you placed.  (ok, take out the ones living in extreme poverty who don't give FARK about running, just surviving).

I also agree - that Leon's one smart dude! :)

What was the stat.... that only 0.005 % of people on the planet have ever run a marathon?  Something crazy like that.

I thought it was 1%?  

Lisa

Up next:
Lost Dutchman 10k  2/16/14
OC half 5/4
Long beach half 10/12
Vegas half 11/16

This post was last modified: 01-23-2010 09:44 AM by lkc73.

01-23-2010 09:44 AM
Send the author an email Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply
Shy Flirt
Posting Freak

RE:       New & improved age group Standings

lkc73 Wrote:

I thought it was 1%?  

I think the 1% number is percentage of Americans that will run a marathon. I think the percentage is is much lower if you look at the whole world. Americans are relatively affluent and have the time and money to persue such silly activities as running 26.2 miles for no particular reason. Many people around the world don't have that luxury.

Fitness For Sports
My Bikes
Low Fat Diet & Recipes
01-23-2010 12:27 PM
Send the author a private message Visit authors website Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply
SLW085
Posting Freak Wannabe

So....Shy guy...what are you saying?...we foolishly spend our money - paying to run down a road that on any other given day, we could do it for free...?

Red Rock Canyon
01-23-2010 02:05 PM
lkc73
Posting Freak Wannabe

Really? It's 1% of just American's? Wow, that kind of surprises me some. I guess it shouldn't since so many people do several all year, it's not like it's always new people running them. Still though, that makes me feel even more impressed with myself. :)

Lisa

Up next:
Lost Dutchman 10k  2/16/14
OC half 5/4
Long beach half 10/12
Vegas half 11/16
01-23-2010 02:40 PM
mjsull

RE:  New & improved age group Standings

lkc73 Wrote:

Really?  It's 1% of just American's?  Wow, that kind of surprises me some.  I guess it shouldn't since so many people do several all year, it's not like it's always new people running them.  Still though, that makes me feel even more impressed with myself. :)

We're impressed by you, too!

Michael
61 years young and still going strong!
Henderson, NV
01-23-2010 02:43 PM
Ramrod
Posting Freak Wannabe

RE:    New & improved age group Standings

Ramrod Wrote:

MichaelMc Wrote:

Hey, I dug out an official Half result: last year's Hypothermic Half Marathon March 1st 1:29:47 (age 46). Not sure if I'll be able to top that in this year's Hypo, but we'll see.

Sorry DicKieV :byebye:
I withdraw my time in the half....put Dickie back up there Jerry. He deserves it. Besides, I was really 5 when I ran that half,not 47.

Hey.... I just noticed something.... if you throw out genders for the half marathon rankings..... Donna would move into 2nd place for the men's 40-44 and I would move into 3rd place for the men's 45-49  :)

(yes, I am a BEEYOTCH..... taking pleasure in chicking a dear friend...... howz ya like that Mr. Ramrod????)
You are not a beeyotch. I like it quite a bit, as you probably figured. Your time is better than mine for one simple reason....you're a better runner than I am. Male,female,who cares? You're better than me.Case closed. Of course, I'm still pissed at you for not running that Bieber idiot over with yer Civic when you could've, but that's another thread altogether.

<---- These shirts now available. Not.
01-24-2010 07:45 AM
AlanD

Jerry would you add me in to the mix as well:
2009 LVM: 3:59:22, age 46.

01-27-2010 07:31 AM
wazzuguy

RE:    New &amp; improved age group Standings

Slowpole Wrote:

Anyone running a marathon or half marathon should not be embarrassed at all no matter what the time.

Adding another +1 to this sentiment,
Heck I see it a bit further, if I may...:
Anyone
[running/swimming/biking/drawing/baking a cake]
should not be embarrassed at all no matter what the
[time/distance/amount of mud on handlebar tassles/level of resemblance of your circle to a jelly bean/ratio of raw to baked cake batter]

I'd submit that if you are doing it for a reason besides just doing it for yourself, then you may want to rethink why you are doing something, barring that, there is no reason to be anything but dang proud of what you are doing

I'm reminded of one of my favorite Theatre instructors' sage advice:
"you do your best; if they don't like it, f*** 'em"

Anyone who snubs another person's time deserves just that imo :)

Having said all that, thanks FimFam for the creation, it really adds another great thing to the board! :)

Wow, so we are lucky to have Donaldz as upcoming race master (for club members) and we have FimFam as time master, Elephant as resident master artiste, and not to mention to work of the rest of the lvm21 mgmt, how cool is this!

Upcoming Runs
???

<-------- Finishing the Great Wall of China Marathon for the second time Wheeee!

01-27-2010 11:36 AM
Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply
Pages (19): « First « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 » Last »

Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites
Rate This Thread: