Post Reply  Post Thread 

Finally, an outdoor ride!
Hillard
Posting Freak Wannabe

Group: Registered
Finally, an outdoor ride!

With a relative lack of snow recently, as well as more moderate temperatures, the roads around here have been clearing off rather well.  And, since we made it to the mid 30's F here, I went outdoors for a ride - beats the heck out of another roller workout.

Nothing too spectacular - a 20-mile out-and-back to Epworth.  There were a few wet spots from snow melt, and the farmers are already out in the fields, so there's a lot of brown stuff on the roads.  Unfortunately, it's not dirt... Yikes

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/26022486

Hillard, aka Mr. Runner Angie

<---  It's spring! Time to get back on my bike!
03-04-2010 11:49 AM
Send the author an email Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply
Jeff
Posting Freak Wannabe

RE: Finally, an outdoor ride!

Looks like a nice day for a ride. I can't wait to get back out on the roads, I am just a little too scared of the sand and the cold right now to get off the trainer

03-06-2010 12:46 AM
Send the author an email Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply
Tacdew

Our first weekend of dry weather and I was able to get 30 miles in. I was kind of rusty but climbing and steady-state pace are ahead of last year's because I've been doing more work on the trainer this winter. Had a run-in with a "roadie" that put a damper on things. Partially my fault, mostly he was being a jerk. Ended the ride with a slow tour around the block with my littlest.

Tomorrow a 25-miler with the club.

03-07-2010 01:32 PM
Send the author a private message Visit authors website Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply
kra-z runner
Posting Freak Wannabe

I got to ride outside today! Even though it rained and still threatened to rain I had signed up for a group ride so I showed up and put in 45 miles. The rain held off for the most part, only spit at us couple times. For half of the ride I kept dodging the riders in front of me because the water kept rolling up to my face. Yuck!

For not riding since January, I am pretty happy with the ride, even though I was the last one coming into the rest stop. I suck at climbing. But this ride gives me back the confidence to ride 100k in April for my Tour de Cure, so whew, I'm relieved.

03-08-2010 05:51 AM
Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply
Trihumor
Posting Freak Wannabe

Just the mere galnce of the thread title made me smile.......hibernation is all but over. Can't Wait!

03-11-2010 11:13 PM

Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites
Rate This Thread: