Post Reply  Post Thread 

Midweek ride report - April 28
Hillard
Posting Freak Wannabe

Group: Registered
Midweek ride report - April 28

One upside to not running Boston for me is that I can start my cycling season a few weeks earlier than in the past - no 4-week recovery cycle after the marathon.

So, tonight, I headed out with my club for a "nice" little ride around the county - we started with ten riders, with a couple of new faces.  Our route took us west to Epworth and then north to Bankston and back into town through Graf, following part of this summer's RAGBRAI route.

We got off to a fairly inauspicious start, though, when one of our riders had his cleat come off his cycling shoe.  Unfortunately, he couldn't track down all the screws holding it on and so he was done for the night - he got a ride back to the shop.  Another rider had time constraints and so he cut the loop short, leaving us with eight to finish.

The first part of the ride is generally flat, and we stayed together until turning north out of Epworth and into the hills leading to Bankston. Then the fun started.  A couple of us who usually liven things up went to the front to push the pace up the long climb to Bankston.  I went along and stayed out front right with them.

We regrouped at Bankston and generally stayed together for the rest of the ride.  Towards the end was another long climb, but no one (including me) was particularly interested in hammering up that one.  We were out about two hours, with a fair amount of daylight left over.

After all that, it was off to Culver's for a burger and fries.  Together with my track workout this morning, I'd say I earned it.

Wednesday's bike ride

Hillard, aka Mr. Runner Angie

<---  It's spring! Time to get back on my bike!
04-29-2010 11:46 AM
Send the author an email Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply
Tacdew

Group: Registered
RE: Midweek ride report - April 28

Nice. Love the kit.

Hill repeats today up the face of reservoir dam at 6 to 8%. Finished them without popping, then a 10k LT effort back home in the wind, full aero. Hurt so good.

05-03-2010 06:47 AM
Send the author a private message Visit authors website Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply

Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites
Rate This Thread: