Post Reply  Post Thread 

SEA-24
Iniquity

Group: Registered
SEA-24

ScaredHeadscratchOopsStretcherStretcherStretcher

I guess I am truly an Ultra runner. Yesterday I noticed my knees didn't want to bend and I gained 6 lbs. since Friday.

Today, I am up another 2 lbs. and I can't fit into any of my clothes. Being a typical girl, I started "poking" my thighs since they felt "heavy" and they didn't "unpoke". Yes, I thought it was neat...I was making celluliteThumbup

Turns out, this is a rather common side effect of a long work-out at a hard pace...SEA-24 stands for Shin Edema After 24 hrs. The swelling will subside in 4-5 days, and actually used to be a torture tactic in the Soviet Union many moons agoYikes

Has anyone else had it? I had it once before after a 24 hr Time Trial (bike), but I was suffering from "pain down there" and sat on my ass until the blisters in my "who-cha-cha" went away. By the time I could wipe my ass without creating train tracks, the swelling went away. Now they have given a name to it.

Yes, I thought about posting pics, but it really is gross. I look like someone inflated me with an air hose, then shot me with a BB gun. Oohhhh...maybe Rammy's kids were at the race!!HappyDance2

Can't wait to run again!! I will try something easy because that helps the blood flow. God knows I have been sitting with my legs up since Sunday. Just can't believe I had to pull my "fat pants" out of the drawer. You know what I'm talking about...elastic waistband, babyBananaBananaBananaBananaBananaBananaBanana

06-09-2010 08:20 AM
Send the author an email Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply
Slowpole
Posting Freak Wannabe

Group: Registered
RE: SEA-24

Never heard of it. Just get better before Alaska!

Slowpole events into the future:

Marathons: Mardi Gras 2/24/13, Colorado 5/13/13?, LVM 11/17/13

Tri's:  Leon's World Fastest Tri Olympic 6/2/13?, Beach 2 Battleship Ironman 10/26/13
06-09-2010 09:03 AM
Send the author an email Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply

Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites
Rate This Thread: