Pages (2): « First [1] 2 » Last » Post Reply  Post Thread 

La Thread de le Tour de France 2010
Daniel M
Posting Freak Wannabe

Group: Registered
La Thread de le Tour de France 2010

Sorry about the Frenglish title.

Who's watching this year?

It's great to see a second Canadian, Mike Barry, joining Victoria native Ryder Hesjedal in this year's tour. I was wondering if MB would ever get the call up to the big show as he has been a professional in Europe for several years. Last year about this time I sat beside his parents on a flight to Frankfurt. They were on their way to see Mike and the tour in Mike's adopted home of Girona Spain.

One more tour comment: stop talking, Floyd.

<----- Running in Edmonton at -22°C / 7°F
07-06-2010 02:34 PM
Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply
Donaldaz
Posting Freak

RE: La Thread de le Tour de France 2010

Did you see that a Canadian *almost* won todays crazy stage? Wow - lot's of exciting moments this year. Crashes galore!!

And then there was that group decision yesterday (stage 2) to protest the road conditions by NOT sprinting to the finish. Booooo!!

Upcoming Races
Las Vegas Full/Half Marathon, Nov 16th
Gilbert Half Marathon, Nov 22nd
Fiesta Bowl Half Marathon, Dec 14th
PF Chang's Marathon, Jan 18th
07-07-2010 10:40 AM
Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply
CanadianBeancounter
Posting Freak Wannabe

Where's the Like button for this thread???

07-08-2010 03:19 AM
kathyb
Posting Freak Wannabe

Loved the sprint yesterday!! I am always on the edge of my seat during those sprints - practically hold my breath.

The cobblestones two days ago were amazing televsion, esp. in high def. All that dust and bumpiness - felt like I was there! But terrible news about Frank Schleck. Versus reported he had *3* fractures in his collar bone. They ended up having to do surgery and put in metal to hold the whole thing together. I have to wonder if his racing career is over :(.

07-08-2010 10:52 PM
Send the author an email Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply
CanadianBeancounter
Posting Freak Wannabe

I had to send an all caps email to Canadian TSN this morning. On yesterday's reporting, they called Michael Barry, Barry Michael.

Eejits!!!

07-09-2010 02:52 AM
Donaldaz
Posting Freak

Not a very exciting stage today. Why do they have breakaways? They always get caught towards the end. Can't wait for the Alps stages.

Upcoming Races
07-09-2010 04:56 AM
kathyb
Posting Freak Wannabe

Did you see the footage of Mark Cavendish's crash at Tour de Suisse? Oh my God!!! That was one of the worst crashes I'd ever seen. I cannot imagine the courage it took for him to get back on a bike after that.....

Agreed that overall it was a boring day. When is their first day off? Fingers crossed it's not Saturday. I'm planning to DVR the live broadcast and watch it in the afternoon while I'm recovering from my long run.

07-09-2010 06:10 AM
Send the author an email Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply
Iniquity

I didn't find today boring simply because I LOVE when broadcasters are proven wrong again. Two days ago they were reporting that Cavendish didn't have it this year, and what happens...that's right, stage win by over a length.
Why can't these two guys not try to fill every second with inane trivia, mispronouncing rider's names, or giving me background on George Hincapie who I have been watching for more than a decade!!
Otherwise, I don't care who wins...as long as it's not Armstrong. That's right, I said it, so suck on that!

07-09-2010 08:52 AM
Donaldaz
Posting Freak

Fight - Fight!  A couple of riders get into it after todays stage.  Should have been DQ'd, but all they got was a $381 fine.

http://roninsherpa.wordpress.com/2010/07...de-france/

Upcoming Races
07-10-2010 06:06 AM
Iniquity

My boy Mark won another stage today!! I love the Tour...

Fight was classic! Who hits someone with a tire? Geez, at least use the chain!!

07-10-2010 08:51 AM
Pages (2): « First [1] 2 » Last »

Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites
Rate This Thread: