Post Reply  Post Thread 

Mountain Bike Recommendation

Group: Registered
Mountain Bike Recommendation

Against my better judgement, I am once again thinking about riding. I have been off the bike since April 28, 2001. Crazy
I need a recommendation for a mountain bike and why you like it. I am an avid Trek fan and I'm looking at the Fuel line.

My biggest issue is hardtail vs. dual suspension. These concepts were barely around when I left the sport and I am leaning towards the dual suspension.Doh

Quick info: 3 knee surgeries on L knee makes pedaling a challenge and strength balance an issue.Stretcher Short torso, so stem changes are a must, but need a gentler ride for lower back (and kidneys!) Have long history of Ultracycling and Mtn bike racing (single track) but have been off the bike for almost a decade until last week.
Although money isn't that big of an issue, plopping down $7,000-$8,000 on a bike may land me in divorce court. YikesThe Fuel 8 series comes in around $4,700 and that would be in my comfort zone. Any bike recommendation needs to be under $5,000.Thumbup

In advance, thank you for those who assist. Party

07-16-2010 09:52 AM
Send the author an email Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply
We're Tri-ing
Posting Freak Wannabe

Group: Registered
RE: Mountain Bike Recommendation

Karen I ride a hard tail and I'm happy with it but then again I haven't had the knee surgeries you've had either. Do the local bike stores where you live let you test out their bikes? Are you looking to get back into mtn bike racing? I think hard tail are faster but you can lock out the back now on most bikes. I will keep you posted on our mtn bike trip to Vegas in 2011, we are renting the bikes as its too expensive and too much work to bring ours.

07-16-2010 11:02 PM
Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply

Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites
Rate This Thread: