Post Reply  Post Thread 

Contador fails drug test!
Shy Flirt
Posting Freak

Group: Registered
Contador fails drug test!

http://www.cnn.com/2010/SPORT/09/30/cycling.alberto.contador.banned/index.html?hpt=T2

Sorry Alberto, I gave my benefit of doubt to Landis. You're guilty a-hole! I hope they strip you of your TDF title! Then it will go to Schleck.

Fitness For Sports
My Bikes
Low Fat Diet & Recipes
09-30-2010 11:06 PM
Send the author a private message Visit authors website Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply
Donaldaz
Posting Freak

RE: Contador fails drug test!

Someone slipped him some tainted meat. I never liked that guy, would rather have seen Andy winning it this year.

Upcoming Races
Las Vegas Full/Half Marathon, Nov 16th
Gilbert Half Marathon, Nov 22nd
Fiesta Bowl Half Marathon, Dec 14th
PF Chang's Marathon, Jan 18th
10-01-2010 03:59 AM
Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply
Shy Flirt
Posting Freak

RE:  Contador fails drug test!

Donaldaz Wrote:

Someone slipped him some tainted meat.  I never liked that guy, would rather have seen Andy winning it this year.

Yeah, and Landis had been drinking. Heard it. I am giving him better odds of getting off since he isn't American!

Fitness For Sports
My Bikes
Low Fat Diet & Recipes
10-01-2010 06:06 AM
Send the author a private message Visit authors website Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply
Donaldaz
Posting Freak

Seems like it has been FOREVER since and more news was released on this.  I just checked, and looks like the results will be in tomorrow. Contador has been on a "provisional" suspension since the initial results were released. He said he would retire from cycling if they decide to ban him.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2011/jan/26/alberto-contador-tour-de-france-doping

Upcoming Races
Las Vegas Full/Half Marathon, Nov 16th
Gilbert Half Marathon, Nov 22nd
Fiesta Bowl Half Marathon, Dec 14th
PF Chang's Marathon, Jan 18th
01-27-2011 02:15 AM
Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply
Shy Flirt
Posting Freak

WTF?
http://edition.cnn.com/2011/SPORT/02/15/spain.contador/?hpt=T2

So they go from a 2 year ban, to a recommended 1 year ban, to clearing him of all charges? And it was the Spanish cycling federation that was in charge of making the decision? Like they don't have a vested interest? Where the F was WADA who crucified Floyd Landis? Landis turned out to be a cheating sack of crap. Contador is a cheating sack of crap too! I am beginning to think they ALL dope! Every last one of those guys! Just some are better at hiding it than others!

Fitness For Sports
My Bikes
Low Fat Diet & Recipes
02-16-2011 05:06 AM
kathyb
Posting Freak Wannabe

Sadly, I think you are right, Rob. Doping is endemic throughout pro cycling. Very distressing, but it's reality. Better cycling through science:(

02-16-2011 09:49 AM
Send the author an email Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply
LR_Canuck
Posting Freak Wannabe

I'm still a bit skeptical about Contador. However, having a quick look on the net, he may have a case
http://velonews.competitor.com/2011/10/news/riders-swear-off-beef-this-week-in-china_194543

02-03-2012 11:25 AM
Send the author an email Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply
Shy Flirt
Posting Freak

I am guessing they will overturn the aquital and ban him for two years. And that he will lose his TDF victory and all the wins since then. Just a wild guess though.

Fitness For Sports
My Bikes
Low Fat Diet & Recipes
02-08-2012 06:45 AM

Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites
Rate This Thread: