Pages (3): « First « 1 [2] 3 » Last »

After Party
Randy
Posting Freak Wannabe

Group: Registered
RE: After Party

I missed it too, I actually got to Margville but couldn't find our group. I wondered around but it smelled like food and it was hot so I left.

My last place award with Age Group award

Next: Nov 22 Tulsa, Dec. 13 Tulsa double half, January
Waco 50K

12-04-2012 08:17 PM
Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author
Tony.

Sorry to say I never made the party either , after getting stomach cramps from 12 miles ,then retching at 18 ( walked mostly from there) at 24 I was ready to sleep at the bus stop outside the stratosphere but threw up instead. I managed to finish but needed to sleep.

12-05-2012 03:22 AM
Send the author an email Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author
Daniel M
Posting Freak Wannabe

The night format has essentially killed the after party.

<----- Running in Edmonton at -22°C / 7°F
12-05-2012 04:18 AM
Slowpole
Posting Freak Wannabe

RE:  After Party

Randy Wrote:

I missed it too, I actually got to Margville but couldn't find our group.  I wondered around but it smelled like food and it was hot so I left.

We waited outside for nearly an hour so I wonder how we missed you Randy. Sorry we didn't see you.

Next year we need a new spot - somewhere they can sit you immediately and allow people to come and go anytime - not a restaurant. Also some place a little quieter. Need local LV people to scope it earlier next year once the course is determined. If it ends at the end same place, perhaps something on the west side of the strip would have a suitable lounge area.

Agree Daniel that the afternoon/evening time slot does hurt the after glow party.

Slowpole events into the future:

Marathons: Mardi Gras 2/24/13, Colorado 5/13/13?, LVM 11/17/13

Tri's:  Leon's World Fastest Tri Olympic 6/2/13?, Beach 2 Battleship Ironman 10/26/13
12-05-2012 09:48 AM
Send the author an email Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author
Slowpole
Posting Freak Wannabe

So how did you do Randy?

Slowpole events into the future:

Marathons: Mardi Gras 2/24/13, Colorado 5/13/13?, LVM 11/17/13

Tri's:  Leon's World Fastest Tri Olympic 6/2/13?, Beach 2 Battleship Ironman 10/26/13
12-05-2012 09:49 AM
Randy
Posting Freak Wannabe

If you waited an hour I should have been there a little after that. I was helping a fallen runner in the finish area, the one part I can complain about is that towards the end the finish area was overrun with people. The woman I was standing next to passed out shortly after emptying her stomach on my feet, I shouldn't have asked her if she was ok. Most of the people there were more use posting pictures to FB than assisting a sick person, and the crowd slowed the medical help considerably.

After I got my stuff I went into the Bellagio to clean up so it was probably much later, I finished right before 5 hours clock time, so maybe almost 9 before I got to Mville. I couldn't have stayed in there anyway, I don't eat food for hours after a race and couldn't have handled the smell. Probably didn't smell all that good myself!

Leon, just looked it up, 4:52, on page 3-4 of our age group results.

My last place award with Age Group award

Next: Nov 22 Tulsa, Dec. 13 Tulsa double half, January
Waco 50K

12-05-2012 10:39 AM
pa. plodder

I enjoyed getting together with everyone at Margaritaville after the race, but I apologize for pooping out so early. I guess I need more recovery time, including a nice shower, before I head out to eat & drink. I'm still in Vegas and looking around for possible after-race party places. There has to be lots of places that would accomodate a large group and we could come and go as we please.
Anyway, I had a great time this year, and am impressed with the job the race organizers did to eliminate the problems of last year. Calissa's cursing would have been reduced to a minimum! The race is still too expensive and too big for my utmost enjoyment, but I will return to see my LVM21 friends. I will monitor the board to see if there are any races throughout the year that a bunch of members will enter, Perhaps I will see you there.

12-06-2012 08:34 AM
AlanD

It was nice to visit with those that made it to the after party but I agree that we need to find a better place to have it. Definitely need a lounge type area to sit and come and go as everyone wants.

12-06-2012 04:31 PM
central texas runner

Sorry I didn't get to run with you John!! After reading your post, I'm sure you're 2nd experience of running with me would have been much more enjoyable!! Until next year my friend....Hugs to you.

12-09-2012 03:21 AM
rkmjtk
Posting Freak Wannabe

Next year there needs to be a real after party......and on my last trip there I found the perfect spot!!! Believe me....if we hold the party there...it will be EPIC my friends! :banana:

Vegas goes by to fast!
12-22-2012 06:54 AM
Pages (3): « First « 1 [2] 3 » Last »

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites
Rate This Thread: