Pages (4): « First « 1 2 [3] 4 » Last » Post Reply  Post Thread 

Detroit Marathon 2013
Slowpole
Posting Freak Wannabe

Group: Registered
RE:  Detroit Marathon 2013

Donaldaz Wrote:

I signed up for the full.  That's a great price for the marathon, the hotels - not so much.

As far as the border crossing goes - don't take any pictures, especially when wearing an Elvis costume.  You will get stopped.

Woohoo - the party is getting bigger!

Slowpole events into the future:

Marathons: Mardi Gras 2/24/13, Colorado 5/13/13?, LVM 11/17/13

Tri's:  Leon's World Fastest Tri Olympic 6/2/13?, Beach 2 Battleship Ironman 10/26/13
01-08-2013 08:40 AM
Send the author an email Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply
We're Tri-ing
Posting Freak Wannabe

RE:   Detroit Marathon 2013

Slowpole Wrote:

Washgirl Wrote:

Now that first hill on the elevation profile is not as extreme as it looks right?  It is just 100ft in 1.5-2 miles?  Looks like two climbs about the same.....  Now when we go into Canada do we stop and get our passport stamp (please say yes LOL is what I am thinking!)

The hills would be the bridge to Canada and then the tunnel to the US on the way back. They are not insignificant, but they are early in the race so as long as you don't get overaggressive you'll be fine.

Not sure about the passport check but those Canadians do frisk you. :)

Whitney...just remember to keep all your layers on until a few miles after the tunnel. Many runners heat up in there and start peeling off the clothes, only to regret it later!

Passports are checked at the packet pick up but like Leon said, can't rule out the frisky Canadians ;)

Sounds like it's a good turn out for the race! Can't wait!

Donna

01-08-2013 09:32 AM
Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply
Washgirl
Posting Freak Wannabe

RE:    Detroit Marathon 2013

We're Tri-ing Wrote:

Slowpole Wrote:

Washgirl Wrote:

Now that first hill on the elevation profile is not as extreme as it looks right?  It is just 100ft in 1.5-2 miles?  Looks like two climbs about the same.....  Now when we go into Canada do we stop and get our passport stamp (please say yes LOL is what I am thinking!)

The hills would be the bridge to Canada and then the tunnel to the US on the way back. They are not insignificant, but they are early in the race so as long as you don't get overaggressive you'll be fine.

Whitney...just remember to keep all your layers on until a few miles after the tunnel.  Many runners heat up in there and start peeling off the clothes, only to regret it later!

Passports are checked at the packet pick up but like Leon said, can't rule out the frisky Canadians ;)

Sounds like it's a good turn out for the race!  Can't wait!

Donna

I will gladly pay extra for the frisking.....sigh LMAO

was taking a different cute pic of Ryley but he saw and
attacked...wish it was centered cuz it came out cute!
01-08-2013 01:19 PM
Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply
Washgirl
Posting Freak Wannabe

RE:   Detroit Marathon 2013

Slowpole Wrote:

Washgirl Wrote:

I will keep plugging away at hills

was taking a different cute pic of Ryley but he saw and
attacked...wish it was centered cuz it came out cute!
01-08-2013 01:20 PM
Iniquity

RE: Detroit Marathon 2013

So I called the Doubletree on W. Lafayette and the woman had no idea what I was talking about regarding a discount. So I went via website, and the Doubletree is booked!! UGH!!

Therefore, party at the Holiday Inn Express. I may not run faster, but I will definitely run smarter! Unless I get the remedial room :(

01-11-2013 08:30 AM
Send the author an email Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply
Donaldaz
Posting Freak

I'm unfortunetly out of this race. Tammy's friend is getting married that weekend and if I go anywhere it will be to this wedding. Sorry folks.

Upcoming Races
Las Vegas Full/Half Marathon, Nov 16th
Gilbert Half Marathon, Nov 22nd
Fiesta Bowl Half Marathon, Dec 14th
PF Chang's Marathon, Jan 18th
02-20-2013 08:07 AM
Slowpole
Posting Freak Wannabe

RE:  Detroit Marathon 2013

Donaldaz Wrote:

I'm unfortunetly out of this race.  Tammy's friend is getting married that weekend and if I go anywhere it will be to this wedding.  Sorry folks.

Bet you can't get a Big Boy at the wedding. Change your mind yet?

Slowpole events into the future:

Marathons: Mardi Gras 2/24/13, Colorado 5/13/13?, LVM 11/17/13

Tri's:  Leon's World Fastest Tri Olympic 6/2/13?, Beach 2 Battleship Ironman 10/26/13
02-20-2013 02:26 PM
central texas runner

If I plan on going to Vegas this year in November I'll have to pass on Detroit in October as I simply cannot afford to do both so close together. Most likely I'll be in Vegas....Hope to see you all there.

Calissa

03-01-2013 10:42 AM
Flyin' Eagle

So with only 7 weeks to go for Detroit now, what's the final verdict? Will there be a Detroit LVM21 party and who will be there?

Marathons:Wineglass 10/1, LVM 11/12
1/2 Marathons: TBD
Other: MI Titanium Half Iron Tri 8/20

< --BOSTON HERE I COME!!!!!!!!
09-02-2013 08:59 AM
kathyb
Posting Freak Wannabe

I am in! Getting in late on Friday and flying out on Monday. Are you running the full? Maybe we could meet after the race? Not sure who else is still coming. I know that Karen is out. Hopefully some others are still coming. I miss our group.....

09-02-2013 10:10 PM
Pages (4): « First « 1 2 [3] 4 » Last »

Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites
Rate This Thread: