Pages (4): « First « 1 2 3 [4] Last » Post Reply  Post Thread 

Detroit Marathon 2013
Flyin' Eagle

Group: Registered
RE:  Detroit Marathon 2013

kathyb Wrote:

I am in!  Getting in late on Friday and flying out on Monday.  Are you running the full?  Maybe we could meet after the race?  Not sure who else is still coming.  I know that Karen is out.  Hopefully some others are still coming.  I miss our group.....

Sounds like just you and PA Plodder (John) are coming in for the half. I will be there to cheer on runners and possibly help at an aid station. (I have my ironman the following week so I am definitely not running.) My niece is running her first full and several friends from tri club are running either the half or full. I'd not only would be happy to meet up afterward, but would expect it! (Though I do want to see my niece finish - est. 4 1/2 to 5 hours).

Marathons:Wineglass 10/1, LVM 11/12
1/2 Marathons: TBD
Other: MI Titanium Half Iron Tri 8/20

< --BOSTON HERE I COME!!!!!!!!
09-25-2013 07:20 AM
Send the author an email Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply
kathyb
Posting Freak Wannabe

RE: Detroit Marathon 2013

I am PM-ing you my cell phone number. I am staying near the finish, so can meet you easily when it is good for you. I am also meeting up with Donna after the race, so it'll be a mini LVM reunion! Any idea what aid station you might be at? Would love to see a friendly face on the course.

10-04-2013 09:24 PM
Send the author an email Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply
Flyin' Eagle

kathyb Wrote:

I am PM-ing you my cell phone number.  I am staying near the finish, so can meet you easily when it is good for you.  I am also meeting up with Donna after the race, so it'll be a mini LVM reunion!  Any idea what aid station you might be at?  Would love to see a friendly face on the course.

Sounds great! Not sure where I will be at this point. I'll let you know. I may just jump around the course some instead of working one aid station.

10-06-2013 06:34 AM
Flyin' Eagle

Just realized the avatars are finally back!

10-06-2013 06:34 AM
pa. plodder

Unfortunately, I've also become a casualty of registering for a race early and then having to no-show. My wife and a few of her co-workers are receiving an award at a nursing banquet in Pittsburgh the same weekend as the Detroit Marathon. A limo ride to Pittsburgh is involved, so it is a big deal. So, I will be with my wife that weekend. However, she will be accompanying be to Vegas that year and says she will attend the pre-race dinner with me.

10-07-2013 11:33 AM
Flyin' Eagle

pa. plodder Wrote:

Unfortunately, I've also become a casualty of registering for a race early and then having to no-show.  My wife and a few of her co-workers are receiving an award at a nursing banquet in Pittsburgh the same weekend as the Detroit Marathon. A limo ride to Pittsburgh is involved, so it is a big deal.  So, I will be with my wife that weekend.   However, she will be accompanying be to Vegas that year and says she will attend the pre-race dinner with me.  

Sorry to hear you're not coming to Detroit, but you're doing the right thing. So does this mean you are coming to Vegas this year? I thought you couldn't because of sweeps or something that wouldn't allow you to take off work????

10-07-2013 01:09 PM
Pages (4): « First « 1 2 3 [4] Last »

Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites
Rate This Thread: