Pages (2): « First « 1 [2] Last »

Changes
Some call me...Bill
Posting Freak Wannabe

Group: Registered
RE: Changes

I'm thinking Monte Carlo is the hotel to stay at. Close to Excalibur tram to get to start, and take the Bellagio tram back to Monte Carlo at the finish.

08-03-2013 08:46 AM
Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author
Flyin' Eagle

Well I thought the race worked out pretty good this year. Yes it was crowded until the split downtown but wasn't too bad for a large race. My complaints are minimal this year. 1. They didn't police the corrals hardly at all and as a result there were too many runners in the front corrals that didn't belong there. Got a little frustrating the first several miles where it seemed I was passing an unusual amount of slower runners. 2. Mile marker 20 was misplaced badly. I know I just didn't complete the mile in almost 14 minutes though I was feeling pretty crummy by then. Guess I made up for it with a 7:15 mile for Mile 21. Placing mile markers seems like an easy thing to get right to me and it amazes me when it doesn't get done correctly. Other than that, I thought the race was done well. Shirts and medals were fine, the expo was good though off the beaten path some, and the food after was ok though I couldn't find a banana. The addition of the half of the half race actually seemed to help to me as it dumped a large number of runners downtown who stayed out to cheer us on. A very runner friendly cheerers. In general, the crowds were much better than any since the switch to an evening race.

Marathons:Wineglass 10/1, LVM 11/12
1/2 Marathons: TBD
Other: MI Titanium Half Iron Tri 8/20

< --BOSTON HERE I COME!!!!!!!!
11-25-2013 05:40 AM
Send the author an email Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author
Some call me...Bill
Posting Freak Wannabe

Yeah, I thought it went well, too. I think I'll run the full next year. They are off my double secret probation list now.

11-26-2013 09:44 AM
central texas runner

I'll be there next year come hell or high water LOL... Not sure if they'll be off my $hit list by then or not though.

12-07-2013 05:01 AM
Send the author an email Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author
Daniel M
Posting Freak Wannabe

RE:Changes

Maybe we can renew our vows.

central texas runner Wrote:

I'll be there next year come hell or high waterLOL...Not sure if they'll be off my $hit list by then or not though.

<----- Running in Edmonton at -22C / 7F
12-07-2013 08:21 AM
central texas runner

By all means Daniel....I look forward to it.

12-08-2013 01:57 AM
Pages (2): « First « 1 [2] Last »

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites
Rate This Thread: