Post Reply  Post Thread 

Posterior Tibial Tendon
IceNuts

Group: Registered
Posterior Tibial Tendon

Anyone have experience with problems with the Posterior Tibial Tendon? I think I might be having problems with it... from my arch to my shin/lower leg I have various pains/weird feelings. Especially bothersome on the inside of my ankle...

Also, I noticed most of the threads on the Medical Q&A are started by me. That's a bad sign =/

IM Austria - 15:28:04
Annapolis Ten - 1:30:07
BWI 4 Miler - 28:12
Lynchburg Turkey Trot - 21:38
RnR New Orleans - 5:33:54

2013:
Virginia Ten (9/28)
Baltimore Half Marathon (10/12)
New York City Marathon (11/3)
05-30-2013 05:00 AM
Send the author an email Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply
RunnerAngie
Posting SuperFreak

RE: Posterior Tibial Tendon

Haven't you had this one before? JK :)

There is always the usual, ice, stretch (granted that's not a place to stretch) make sure you have proper shoes with proper arch support. Rest. Otherwise, see a PT for some treatment. If its not better in 3 weeks after rest and what not.....post tib is the most common area for stress fracture.

05-30-2013 12:21 PM
Send the author an email Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply
IceNuts

Hmm. That's not very comforting :-p I've had various problems with the ankle/shin this year, but it seemed to be fine the last few weeks until my run yesterday. It's mostly the inside of the ankle, though it has been rather painful today. I'll see what I can do with the ice and all...might go in to see the doc and get a diagnosis - and PT. Wasn't a stress fracture in February and I haven't done a whole lot since, so I'm hoping that it's still not!

Thanks!

2013:
Virginia Ten (9/28)

This post was last modified: 05-30-2013 01:34 PM by IceNuts.

05-30-2013 01:34 PM
IceNuts

I blame Asics for dropping the heel in their GT series shoe. Jerks! :)

2013:
Virginia Ten (9/28)
05-30-2013 01:46 PM
Flyin' Eagle

Seems unlikely to me that it would be a stress fracture. You just haven't done that much running this year to cause a stress fracture.

Marathons:Wineglass 10/1, LVM 11/12
1/2 Marathons: TBD
Other: MI Titanium Half Iron Tri 8/20

< --BOSTON HERE I COME!!!!!!!!
05-30-2013 11:09 PM
RunnerAngie
Posting SuperFreak

I'm sure it's not a stress fx if you haven't done much. I wasn't sure what you've been doing. My guess is tendinitis if its more near the ankle. I could mail you my ultra sound unit, I use it for tendinitis and it works wonders. Yes, I have my own ultrasound, when you get injured like I used to, and you have runner daughters, it comes in handy and can get me by without PT.

05-31-2013 07:25 AM
IceNuts

RE:  Posterior Tibial Tendon

RunnerAngie Wrote:

I'm sure it's not a stress fx if you haven't done much. I wasn't sure what you've been doing. My guess is tendinitis if its more near the ankle. I could mail you my ultra sound unit, I use it for tendinitis and it works wonders. Yes, I have my own ultrasound, when you get injured like I used to, and you have runner daughters, it comes in handy and can get me by without PT.

Haha...no way! I always thought I could use one of those... :P I'd rather have my own PT. Do you have one of those you could send? ;)

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking too. Definitely having some flexor issues with the foot, which could be what's driving it. And the achilles area is pretty tight. Trying to roll it all out... :rolleyes2:

2013:
Virginia Ten (9/28)
05-31-2013 12:29 PM

Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites
Rate This Thread: