Pages (2): « First « 1 [2] Last » Post Reply  Post Thread 

March 2015
Flyin' Eagle

Group: Registered
RE: March 2015

Now that March is almost over, I though I would chime in. Spent the first 3 weeks in Arizona and traveling back to Michigan. Recovered nicely from my Feb 28 Phoenix Marathon where I did better than I truly expected I would do. Third fastest time ever with a 4:03 and some change. Actually stayed on pace for 19 miles for my BQ time goal of about 3:52 but the lack of quality training (no speed work and mostly slow running) did me in. Got to meet up with DonaldAZ a couple of times so that was great.

Now, trying to get ready for Colorado for May 3. Have been pretty much following the Hansen Marathon Training Plan which involves a lot of running and purposely running on fatigued legs. Holding up well so far. Today, had a solid 16 miler in which I got stronger as I went. Will cap off March (if all goes to plan) with my first ever 200+ mile month. Also, keeping my streaking going for Shirley (HammerGirl), having now run 80+ straight days. The day after the Phoenix Marathon was a rough one!

After being spoiled by the Phoenix weather, I am sure looking forward for Spring to really take hold here.

Randy - you will come back strong!

Marathons:Wineglass 10/1, LVM 11/12
1/2 Marathons: TBD
Other: MI Titanium Half Iron Tri 8/20

< --BOSTON HERE I COME!!!!!!!!
03-29-2015 07:01 AM
Send the author an email Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply
Randy
Posting Freak Wannabe

Group: Registered
RE: March 2015

Thanks Leon, I did come back strong-kinda. Finished the month with the A2A marathon in south Oklahoma, hot and windy like it always is. On paper this looks like an easy run, just come off the Arbuckle Mts. (they're not much in the way of mountains), and run straight down to Ardmore. In reality, you climb the first 3 miles to get to the top, then a very nice downhill, followed by a flat loop, then about 9 miles of rolling hills into a strong south wind in the sun. Planned to run it in 6 hours and did, exactly 6:00. Never pushed it, had no worries and did a lot of socializing so it was fun. OKC is next month so I'm looking forward to that.

My last place award with Age Group award

Next: Nov 22 Tulsa, Dec. 13 Tulsa double half, January
Waco 50K

03-31-2015 01:39 PM
Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply
Pages (2): « First « 1 [2] Last »

Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites
Rate This Thread: