Pages (2): « First [1] 2 » Last » Post Reply  Post Thread 

June 2015
Flyin' Eagle

Group: Registered
June 2015

What's everyone's goals/plans for June???? Thumbup

Mine are simple:

Stick to my marathon training plan and nail all runs.
Complete a sprint triathlon and break my last year's time.

Marathons:Wineglass 10/1, LVM 11/12
1/2 Marathons: TBD
Other: MI Titanium Half Iron Tri 8/20

< --BOSTON HERE I COME!!!!!!!!
06-01-2015 10:54 AM
Send the author an email Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply
steve
Posting Freak Wannabe

RE: June 2015

Surprisingly, May was my biggest month ever. 226.9 miles.

<-- Finishing the Hook Mountain Half Marathon with Caden and Joey
06-02-2015 12:09 AM
Send the author a private message Visit authors website Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply
Dean

Way to go Steve!
My next race isn't until October so who knows what I'll do this month.

05/07/2107: OC Marathon(4:52:51)
07/09/2017: Shoreline Half(2:16:39.6)
10/08/2017 :Long Beach Marathon(5:05:21)
02/18/2018 :Seaside Half
05/06/2018: OC Marathon
08/12/2018: Camarillo Half
10/07/2018: Long Beach Marathon
06-02-2015 01:10 AM
Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply
steve
Posting Freak Wannabe

That's odd. My next race also isn't until October.

<-- Finishing the Hook Mountain Half Marathon with Caden and Joey
06-02-2015 01:41 AM
Send the author a private message Visit authors website Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply
Flyin' Eagle

RE:  June 2015

steve Wrote:

Surprisingly, May was my biggest month ever. 226.9 miles.

Half of that was one day, slacker!

06-02-2015 09:26 AM
Send the author an email Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply
Randy
Posting Freak Wannabe

Even with a lot of life intruding, seem to be on my eternal goals of running when I can and not gaining any weight. Almost signed up for a marathon on Father's Day but some family stuff saved me, just as well since it's going to be hot, muggy and there are some stupendously big mosquitos this year.

My last place award with Age Group award

Next: Nov 22 Tulsa, Dec. 13 Tulsa double half, January
Waco 50K

06-04-2015 01:21 PM
Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply
tulsaman

Hot and humid....just plain Tulsa!!
Went to Dallas on the 6th....to watch the Rolling Stones...I do not feel so old now: One look at this crowd, will tell you America needs better healthcare...dam scary:  If the Stones are within a 5  hour drive from you, check them out!
Anyway....jogging is getting harder now that the temp. is over 95. During the week..going out after 7:30p.m. and jogging where there is shade. And getting up very early on Saturdays or Sunday.

This post was last modified: 06-11-2015 02:50 AM by tulsaman.

06-11-2015 02:47 AM
Flyin' Eagle

High humidity seems to be the theme here. A week full of it here and yesterday was probably the worst with a dewpoint of about 70. It was just perfect timing for my sprint triathlon. Unfortunately did not make my goal of breaking my time from last year for this race. Didn't do too bad though considering the weather, a bike course that was modified and was almost a mile longer, and that I had a sore shoulder from a fall I had running the day before. Good week of training though. A little slow on my speed work and tempo days but a lot of that had to do with the warm, humid weather. This week does not look to have any different weather. Today was really bad.

Got my plane tickets to Boise so I guess I am committed to doing that marathon (and hopefully, BQ'ing).

06-16-2015 03:56 AM
Randy
Posting Freak Wannabe

Hopefully now that Tropical whatever Bill has cleared out we'll start our summer weather, we just caught the edge and I still took an hour to get to work, nearly every road was flooded or closed from the May storms. But forecast looks hot and pretty dry.

I've been getting in a run here and there but really way too many days looking out the window and snacking. My mom used to call that grazing, when you just wander through the kitchen eating.

My last place award with Age Group award

Next: Nov 22 Tulsa, Dec. 13 Tulsa double half, January
Waco 50K

06-19-2015 01:53 PM
Flyin' Eagle

Another week down. Good week with 54 plus miles, hitting my plan paces or better all week. Had a little scare yesterday when cutting the grass. Something flew and hit my ankle just above the big bone that sticks out. After I finished the grass and took off my sock, there was a bump the size of a half golf ball. I iced it and kept it somewhat elevate the rest of the day when I could. Still was very tender when I went to bed. This morning it was still a little tender but there was no swelling and did not impact my run.

Happy Father's Day all!

06-22-2015 12:35 AM
Pages (2): « First [1] 2 » Last »

Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites
Rate This Thread: