Pages (2): « First [1] 2 » Last » Post Reply  Post Thread 

December 2015
Flyin' Eagle

Group: Registered
December 2015

Guess it is my turn to start the monthly thread. I think Steve started it with specific monthly goals way back when and it evolved into simply stating what we are doing or have done during the month. That's ok. Looks like there are only a few of us that report in, but let's keep it going for tradition sake.

That being said, I will continue to take it easy for 2 weeks to let my achilles continue to heal before I begin my training program for Boston. I just love being able to say that! Will also work on my swimming harder and do a little more biking (spinning) this month as well.

Hope everyone has a good last month!

Marathons:Wineglass 10/1, LVM 11/12
1/2 Marathons: TBD
Other: MI Titanium Half Iron Tri 8/20

< --BOSTON HERE I COME!!!!!!!!

This post was last modified: 12-02-2015 12:49 AM by Flyin' Eagle.

12-01-2015 09:31 AM
Send the author an email Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply
Dean

RE: December 2015

No goals for me this month because El Nino might show up in southern California and ruin everything.

07/09/2017: Shoreline Half(2:16:39.6)
10/08/2017 :Long Beach Marathon(5:05:21)
02/18/2018 :Seaside Half(2:13:51)
05/06/2018: OC Marathon(5:06:23)
09/23/2018: Harvest Half (2:14:05)
10/07/2018: Long Beach Marathon
02/03/2019: Surf City Marathon
12-01-2015 12:33 PM
Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply
Randy
Posting Freak Wannabe

First decent day since Thanksgiving and I was lucky enough to be off work. Got in a great 10 mile run and really enjoyed the winter scenery too.

My last place award with Age Group award

Next: Nov 22 Tulsa, Dec. 13 Tulsa double half, January
Waco 50K

12-03-2015 02:20 PM
Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply
tulsaman

After some long and short races in October....took some time off to rest the legs in early November.
But in late November, start back to get ready for half marathons in December.This Sunday(13th.) is the Half and Half in Tulsa...either half trail run or paved run along the river...I like the river run...more laid back. Then some races after Christmas in Missouri.

12-08-2015 04:03 AM
Send the author an email Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply
Randy
Posting Freak Wannabe

I was supposed to run the half and half today, even got up at 5 to drive to Tulsa. But the weather between here and there was awful, and it looked like just a long wet day so I stayed home. Went for a 10 mile run later, judging from the mud and my time I would have had a very long day. It's a shame, that race is a blast.

Waco 50K

12-14-2015 11:53 AM
Flyin' Eagle

And so it begins... Today I kicked off my training plan for Boston. I think I am the healthiest I've been for about 15 months (achilles). While it is not 100% there have been days the last couple of weeks where it felt almost completely healed.

Interesting prep this past weekend to get ready for this. Ran a 5k race on Saturday intending to run easy. I got caught up a little and ran faster than planned though not all out. Achilles was fine. Then the next day (Sunday) I participated in a Beer Mile. If you don't know what that is, you drink a beer, run a 1/4 mile, drink another beer, run another 1/4 mile and so on. That was a blast! I finished in 11:18 which was better than I thought I would do. First beer went down ok, but the remaining 3 got progressively slower. Interesting note that according to BeerMile.com records, I am somewhere around the 35th oldest person to do this in the world. (At least recorded).

12-17-2015 03:27 AM
Randy
Posting Freak Wannabe

I looked at the beer mile rules, they take it seriously. Since I get drunk on 2-3 servings of Oklahoma beer I don't this is a challenge I should try!

Waco 50K

12-17-2015 02:16 PM
steve
Posting Freak Wannabe

I have the Clydesdale FKT for a beer mile. Just about nine minutes flat.

<-- Finishing the Hook Mountain Half Marathon with Caden and Joey
12-25-2015 02:16 AM
Send the author a private message Visit authors website Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply
Flyin' Eagle

RE:  December 2015

steve Wrote:

I have the Clydesdale FKT for a beer mile. Just about nine minutes flat.

Wow! I can't drink beer fast enough to pull off that kind of time.

12-28-2015 11:17 PM
steve
Posting Freak Wannabe

I can chug with the best of them.
At the beer mile, after my first beer, I started running and immediately noticed something strange: I was in first place. WTF?

That lasted about thirty seconds until someone skinny passed me.

<-- Finishing the Hook Mountain Half Marathon with Caden and Joey
12-30-2015 12:49 AM
Send the author a private message Visit authors website Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply
Pages (2): « First [1] 2 » Last »

Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites
Rate This Thread: