Speedy Braz

Group: Registered
RE: NLVM '07 Whose Staying Where List

Wow, a bunch of Juners, us Also.

I think it's our 10th also , or 9th, geesh
fees like our 25th.

Braz

04-19-2007 10:02 AM
Send the author an email Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author
Slowpole
Posting Freak Wannabe

We are about to celebrate our 27th a week from today. For our anniversary, I'm taking Ann to the Kentucky Derby (well, maybe the Kentucky Derby marathon). She's really excited!

Well, we haven't made any plans for Vegas yet, but will probably stay in van down by the river. Wait, are there any rivers there??? We'll go cheap somewhere - perhaps the Tropicana. I seem to recall some pretty good deals there last year and it's close enough.

Great idea to do this Don!

Slowpole events into the future:

Marathons: Mardi Gras 2/24/13, Colorado 5/13/13?, LVM 11/17/13

Tri's:  Leon's World Fastest Tri Olympic 6/2/13?, Beach 2 Battleship Ironman 10/26/13
04-19-2007 10:27 AM
Send the author an email Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author
Donaldaz
Posting Freak

The Tropicana is pretty decent. Low price and the rooms were just fine. Just down the block from the start so the location is good.

There's a river, sort of, at the Venetian. Might have trouble parking a van there though!

Upcoming Races
Las Vegas Full/Half Marathon, Nov 16th
Gilbert Half Marathon, Nov 22nd
Fiesta Bowl Half Marathon, Dec 14th
PF Chang's Marathon, Jan 18th
04-19-2007 11:58 AM
Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author
CanadianBeancounter
Posting Freak Wannabe

We stayed at the Tropicana last year and it was very cheap via Expedia and totally fine. But I'm not one to spend much on hotel rooms. I needed to save my $ for the 8 hours of shopping at the outlet mall on Monday.

DH and I are 17 years this June 2nd.

04-19-2007 12:03 PM
RunnerAngie
Posting SuperFreak

Braz~ you are nine this year :) I recall taking to Renee about it at dinner in Vegas.

04-19-2007 12:07 PM
Phoebe

I don't know where we're staying but just wanted to say that we're 10 years this July.

04-19-2007 02:19 PM
Prince George old guy

Will be back at the Excalibre again this year as it is easy to get to/from the start/finish. Last year it was $51.00/night average this year it is more but still a lot less that the Mandalay, I think the average is $78.00/night.
Hey Chris KK I am at Kamloops right now. Will be going for a short run tomorrow as I did my last long run (20 miles-32kms) on Sat then the Sun run (10kms) on Sunday. I will be here until Friday morning.
Hope that all you maried folks can look back in 23 LVM's from now and give thanks for all those wonderful years of wedded bliss. Sure would be great to help you all celebrate the 21st New Las Vegas Marathon with all the happy couples having their 34th etc. anniversaries in Las Vegas.

"ABILITY IS WHAT YOU ARE CAPABLE OF DOING. MOTIVATION DETERMINES WHAT YOU DO. ATTITUDE DETERMINES HOW WELL YOU DO IT" Lou Holtz
04-19-2007 02:51 PM
Kamloops Kid

Hello there Brian;:seeya:

So when are you moving down here full time? Weather is pretty nice today so thanks for bringing that. When are you running on Thursday? I am running at lunchtime so may see you out there.

Good to hear from you buddy and keep in touch. Let's get out when you are in town.

04-20-2007 03:16 AM
Kamloops Kid

ps. Congrats to all of the Anniversarites... especially the 10's.

Leon, some people here weren't born when you were married.:yikes: That is impressive... congratulations, you can't be that slow.

04-20-2007 03:21 AM
The Other Jeff
Posting Freak Wannabe

Well it won't be our tenth anniversay, but our anniversay is on the 10th of June...and the scary thing is that my son's anniversay is on the 10th of June and my parent's anniversay is on the 10th of June. We are a sick family...my sisters changed their names when they got married so they got to get married on any day that they chose...but the Venable anniversay is the 10th of June...and that is all I have to say on THAT subject!

04-20-2007 03:49 AM
Pages (13): « First « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 » Last »

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites
Rate This Thread: