LVM 21 Club Message Board
Changes - Printable Version

+- LVM 21 Club Message Board (http://lvm.createmybb.com)
+-- Forum: Las Vegas Marathon (/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Forum: LVM 2013 (/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Thread: Changes (/showthread.php?tid=5907)

Changes - Donaldaz - 05-03-2013 09:54 AM

So far, the changes to this years race are:

1. Both the full and half start at the same time. 4:30pm.

2. The cutoff for the full has been increased to 5 hours.

The official course has yet to be announced, appears that it will be changing once again but I'm expecting the start/finish to remain the same as last year.

RE: Changes - Randy - 05-03-2013 01:42 PM

Funny that they would change the one thing that seemed to work. Doesn't make sense that they would extend the cutoff but then move the full to the same time as the half.

RE: Changes - Some call me...Bill - 05-03-2013 02:11 PM

I don't think they ever got that "merge" thing right. Should be interesting what they concoct this year. I'm doing the half and figure with a 2 hour-ish time I can avoid any pandemonium they can dream up.

RE: Changes - Daniel M - 05-04-2013 04:20 AM

Another profit maximizing decision by these arseholes. They have a finite time that they can close the roads so start the marathon at the same time as the circus. What could possibly go wrong? Mayhem at the start and the finish will be no picnic as lots of those halfers will be walking across the finish line, hand-in-hand, while marathoners are trying to run.

RE: Changes - Donaldaz - 05-31-2013 06:30 AM

Competitor Group made a "major" announcement today.  It was "major" to them - going to be a further pain in the arse for everyone else.  They have added a mini-marathon to the race.  Half of a Half as they call it.  More people, more crowds, more headache for the participants.

http://www.reviewjournal.com/sports/las-...ate-nov-17

RE: Changes - RunnerAngie - 05-31-2013 07:29 AM

Oh good lord!!!! Where and when will this take place. Let me guess, with everyone else, so there will be more confusion and people stepping on each other. And is there a mini price for this mini marathon?

RE: Changes - Donaldaz - 05-31-2013 10:38 AM

I'm guessing same place same time as the full and half, but specifics and cost haven't been posted yet.

What I thought was kind of funny was that Competitor Group organized this press conference in Vegas, under the premise of a "big" announcement, and judging from the video showing a lot of empty seats - no one seemed all that interested in attending.

RE: Changes - Randy - 05-31-2013 01:38 PM

This one will finish downtown, that will be nice to have more people moving about. Somewhere (Tulsa maybe?) used to have one of these. Hopefully there will be a separate start, 10K'ers don't mix well with marathoners.

RE: Changes - Donaldaz - 06-01-2013 12:44 AM

The start time for the mini-marathon (aka half of a half) will be 3:30pm. The full and the half start times are still 4:30pm.

RE: Changes - Donaldaz - 06-20-2013 03:45 AM

Course map for the full, half, and half of half has been released.

http://runrocknroll.competitor.com/files...-Map13.jpg

RE: Changes - Some call me...Bill - 08-03-2013 08:46 AM

I'm thinking Monte Carlo is the hotel to stay at. Close to Excalibur tram to get to start, and take the Bellagio tram back to Monte Carlo at the finish.

RE: Changes - Flyin' Eagle - 11-25-2013 05:40 AM

Well I thought the race worked out pretty good this year. Yes it was crowded until the split downtown but wasn't too bad for a large race. My complaints are minimal this year. 1. They didn't police the corrals hardly at all and as a result there were too many runners in the front corrals that didn't belong there. Got a little frustrating the first several miles where it seemed I was passing an unusual amount of slower runners. 2. Mile marker 20 was misplaced badly. I know I just didn't complete the mile in almost 14 minutes though I was feeling pretty crummy by then. Guess I made up for it with a 7:15 mile for Mile 21. Placing mile markers seems like an easy thing to get right to me and it amazes me when it doesn't get done correctly. Other than that, I thought the race was done well. Shirts and medals were fine, the expo was good though off the beaten path some, and the food after was ok though I couldn't find a banana. The addition of the half of the half race actually seemed to help to me as it dumped a large number of runners downtown who stayed out to cheer us on. A very runner friendly cheerers. In general, the crowds were much better than any since the switch to an evening race.

RE: Changes - Some call me...Bill - 11-26-2013 09:44 AM

Yeah, I thought it went well, too. I think I'll run the full next year. They are off my double secret probation list now.

RE: Changes - central texas runner - 12-07-2013 05:01 AM

I'll be there next year come hell or high water LOL... Not sure if they'll be off my $hit list by then or not though.

RE:  Changes - Daniel M - 12-07-2013 08:21 AM

Maybe we can renew our vows.

central texas runner Wrote:

I'll be there next year come hell or high water  LOL...  Not sure if they'll be off my $hit list by then or not though.

RE: Changes - central texas runner - 12-08-2013 01:57 AM

By all means Daniel....I look forward to it.